Change in Itinerary on the Wind

helpme

We are on the Wind on March 19th for 11days, I was just playing around to see if it was booked up on a site and found the itinerary had changed. When I booked the trip on the 3rd day we were in Kahului and on the 4th day it was Lahaina. Now on this site it is showing 3rd and 4th day both in Lahaina what do I do. I'm trying to arrange rental cars.

There has not been changes that I know of on the cruise, if there were ,your TA would send you an email or call you to let you know. I just upgraded a couple of days ago and my new reservation shows no changes and we are sailing on the the wind with you...If your really worried call NCL and speak to a reservationist...Let me know what you find out..We have already booked our excursions and rental cars.

Do two things immediately:

(1) Call your TA immediately and ask the TA what is going on. If the TA does not know what is going on, have the TA find out. (This is what TA's are for, among other things.)

(2) Call the 800 number for the cruise line immediately and ask them about the schedule. You may need to go up the line from a reservationist to a supervisor. Make sure that whoever you talk to can confirm the schedule for you.

Good luck!

I'm on the 6/11 sailing of the Wind. Our itinerary did change. We are in Lahaina 2 days, not in Kahului at all. I booked it online, was not notified about any change but don't care as I haven't made plans yet. Looks like up through April, the Wind goes to both ports, but starting in May, they spend both days in Lahaina.

I recently received confirmation of my onshore excursions -- no changes to 3/19/05 schedule was noted. We have booked an onshore excursion at every stop so, logically thinking, we would have been notified of a change of stops?

• 1 month later...
I'm on the 6/11 sailing of the Wind. Our itinerary did change. We are in Lahaina 2 days, not in Kahului at all. I booked it online, was not notified about any change but don't care as I haven't made plans yet. Looks like up through April, the Wind goes to both ports, but starting in May, they spend both days in Lahaina.

Is this confirmed? I am wondering myself... I've called the call center but they seem pretty confused there. I even waited 20 minutes for a supervisor but she said we'll still be sailing to Kahului. My TA says that we're staying in Lahaina for 2 nights. So I called NCL back and now they say it's Lahaina for 2 nights. I'm totally confused.

BTW, is Lahaina a tender port? Does anyone know how long it takes to get off the ship? Is hard to get tender early passes?

I am a little confused - maybe its just too late at night but could somebody help me out with this.

I am also on the May 21st sailing and just logged onto NCL to look at the bridge cam and looked at the itinerary after seeing this post and saw that we have 2 days now in Lahaina instead of one day there and one day in Kahului.

Here is my question though - both are still Maui right? How big is the island? Because when I looked at shore excursions (not that ours is open yet - but that is another issue) you could pick the excursion for either the Lahaina or Kahului day. Does it make a big difference not stopping at both sides? Does anyone know if you can or even should get a shuttle or something to the other side for shopping or sight seeing?

Any input would be great - like I said I'm just confused right now, but I am also very tired so that could be part of my problem :o

last moth on the wind, we did the stops in maui. the first time was kahului. i did the kanapali beach excursion. the ride there was rather long. pretty scenery, but our driver didn't give any narration, which would have been enjoyable and helpful. the beach was great, though.

the second time we stopped we were tendered in. tendering can be quite a process, but the crew handles it very smoothly. wait time was minimal even though the line was very very long! the pier is in lahaina. for me, it was way too commercial. tourists everywhere. the same shops repeatd for blocks and blocks. an abc store on every corner. my family tired very quickly of the shops, so we took a taxi to the sheraton at kanapali beach where we attened the luau that night. it was a short taxi ride, maybe 10 minutes and cost $12.

a new friend from the cruise did the plantation excursion there and loved it. her photos proved that it was gorgeous. wish i would have done different excursions, looking back.....

oh well, guess i'll have to book another wind cruise!!

well, i was with my parent, grandmother and brother, so most of my exursions were based on their tastes. i didn't do any adventure type excursions...

the day we embarked, we went to pearl harbor. i was kinda surprised at how small it was. there were lots of people! the emotional aspect of it for me, was interesting. i expected a somber feeling, they show a film of actual footage of the day before you take a ride out to the arizona memorial. very sad. but people were sort of loud and talking a lot.

at hilo, we did the volcano national park tour. it included many other stops as well...a botanical garden that was beautiful! and a candy store, a buffet lunch and an orchid garden. the volcano spot itself was kind of boring, really. but the surrounding scenery was gorgeous. that evening on board the ship, we sailed past the active volcano and could see the red-hot lava pouring into the ocean. amazing! once-in-a-lifetime view!

we missed fanning island. the seas were so rough that one crew member was severly sea sick and a guest fell and broke a hip, so we had to turn around and go back to the big island so they could receive medical attention. but the days at sea were THE BEST! we sailed past the other islands and i have never seen sights so beautiful!

at kauai, we were at port overnight. i shopped and hit the beach the first day. the shopping is within walking distance of the pier. so was the beach. the second day i did the river tour and fern grotto. it was so relaxing! they drove us past where blue hawaii was filmed and pointed out lots of other sights. i wish i would have done a movie tour that day!

we were in maui twice. the first time was at kahului and i did the beach excursion. the bus ride was long to get to the other side of the island, but it was beautiful. we chose to book our excurions through the cruise line as transportation is provided and sometimes, meals are as well. the beach was great! i could have stayed all day! the second time in maui, we shopped near the pier-lahaina, i believe. tons of shops. for blocks and blocks. we took a taxi to kanapali beach for the afternon and stayed for the luau. i loved the luau! it's $100 per person, but i thought it was well worth it! food was great, entertainment was wonderful and the sunset was incredible!

at kona, we did the kona coffee tour. i enjoyed it, but some might find it a little boring. my brother did the deep sea fishing. something like $150+ and they do most of the fishing for you. didn't sound too impressive.

almost forgot! my grandmother and brother did a helicopter tour at kauai and highly recommend it! other people as well said it was the most amazing thing they're ever done. they have options for these on each island and they vary in time length and price. looking back, i wish i could have gotten over my fears and done this excursion!

my parents did the road to hana at maui and really liked it. the bus ride was a little rough, but it sounds like it was worth it! it's an all day tour and they were exhausted that night! lots of waterfalls, black sand beaches, gorgeous scenery....i've read good things about it on tripadvisor.com!

our last day, at oahu, we did an all day tour after our disembartion. we had an excellent bus driver! actually, they were all good the entire trip! we drove around the north shore, went to dole pineapple and the polynesian cultural center. and lots of other amazing stops! this also, was about $100 per person, but worth every penny! no worries about transportation, luggage or getting to the airport!

my favorite days were the days at sea. sun, food and new friends. no worries!

one new cruise friend has lots of posts here. look for metskinner. she did excursions that were different from mine. snorkeling was popular. as were the whale and dolphin trips. we saw so many whales from just on deck of the ship! another couple of new friends did a horseback riding excursion. saw the photos and it looked like a lot of fun!

so much to tell. we did a lot! if you have specific questions, just ask!

Thanks for the advice. We are looking at the following excursions if NCL offers them for our sailing - they still haven't opened the 5/21 excursions :(

• Hilo - Volcano National Park & Rainbow Falls
  • Kona - Cultural & Snorkel Adventure and also the Cloud Forest Botanical Walk later that day
  • Kaui - Waimea Canyon & Wailua River, Fern Grotto tour
  • Maui - Highlights of W. Maui tour

My husband is going to do the zip line tour when we spend the 2 days in Lahaini, so one day we will do the all day tour and then while he is on the zip lines I will shop :D . I am absolutely petrified of hights and prefer my feet on the ground. He has always wanted to try zip lines so I am surprising him with this excursion as a gift - April makes 13 years we are together so this is my gift to him.

we did the volcano and rainbow falls. and rainbow falls was a disappointment. i expected to see a huge amazing waterfall and it was pretty small. we only spent about 10 minutes there. the waterfalls on kaui were the best! to me, the volcano was okay. i enjoyed the other stops along the way more.

kona was so pretty- a botanical walk there will be great! it's very lush and colorful. and snorkeling should be excellent there!

i did part of the tour you're looking at for kaui. i went to the fern grotto. and i really liked it. a fellow cruiser did the canyon. said it was wonderful. i only did the river and grotto. so relaxing.....

and maui will be good no matter what. my experiences were basically limited to lahina. but i've seen photos from other excursions there and i wish i would have done them!! i have way too many fears and they held me back from doing excursions that i now regret missing... he'll love the zip line! i could never do something like that, so i understand why you're choosing to shop! and there's a lot of shopping to be done there!

is it your anniversary during the trip? you can tell your waiter or room steward that it's your anniversary and they'll give you special treatment!!!!

and if you have a special song, tell the band and they'll play it for you. i spent many nights at lucky's lounge and the band remembered my favorite song and played it every night when i went it! a canadian couple i met was celebrating their anniversay and the same band played "their" song each time they were in!

i was truly impressed with the personalized service i got on the wind. the staff i dealt with daily always remembered my name, that i like my coke out of the fountain and not a can, little things like that make a big difference! if you take the time to treat the crew like people, they will treat you like royalty. too many people seem to ignore the staff or treat them like subhumans. i hate that!

hope to talk to you again soon! i'll try and get some photos posted this week!

Thanks for the feedback about Rainbow Falls, this is the third time today I have had someone say they were not that impressed by it. I think we may look for a different excursion instead of that one.

Archived