Eklutna Historical Park

bluetiger9192

Can anyone comment whether the $5 per person entrance fee to Eklutna Historical Park is worth it? Can we see the spirit houses from the outside? We will be driving the Glenn Highway and also stopping at Independence Mine Historical Park regardless. There's very little information online about this attraction.

They do have a very nice tour, so not sure if this is the fee being referred to?? The tour, gives a lot of information and includes getting into some buildings and plenty of explainations. There is a small exhibit hall.

Yes, you can see the spirit houses right from the parking area. (or have they put up a high fence???)

We stopped by I believe it was a Sunday morning and it was not opened yet, so we were able to get a close view from the fence. We did no tour, but were happy we stopped.

FYI, We totally enjoyed our drive to Independence Mines. Took lots of pictures and stopped along the road side to watch the water flowing through a river/creek.

Enjoy your time in Alaska!

We stopped by I believe it was a Sunday morning and it was not opened yet, so we were able to get a close view from the fence. We did no tour, but were happy we stopped

Same here. I got some great pictures, but would gladly have paid the $5 for a tour. I guess it's "different strokes for different folks" but these things really fascinated me.

Archived