Table Size and Seating on the Serenade for Dinner

ahawco

My DH and I will be on the Serenade August 1 and we are interested in getting to know people during the dinner seatings. We have requested an 8:30 seating and we also told our travel agent that we would like to be seated at a table of 10. What kind of seating arrangements do they normally have? Are all tables of 10 unless you request to be at a table alone? Are all tables round tables? I thought I read somewhere that someone sat a table of 10 that was rectangular which wasn't as condusive to conversation among everyone. If I have to specify table seating and size when do I do that or does RCL just assign you a table? Any help would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

I have seen large round tables that probably seat 10 as well as two rectangular tables placed together for probably 8. I am guessing the rectangular tables are for 4 and then if they need a larger table, they place two together.

Guess I really have not examined the tables that closely.

I told our travel agent that we preferred a large table but I don't know if she requested it or not. If I were to call RCL would they be able to tell me what preference they have for us?

Along the similar line....we will be shortly going on our honeymoon on the Serenade and would like to have a two-top. I have tried e-mailing the rcl dining and they keep telling me that "we have forwarded your request to the matire d." Does anyone know how I can directly contact whoever does the seating chart for the Serenade? And I would prefer not to do Mytime dining since it'll be the first cruise for my future wife (and I would like her to experience "traditional" cruise style dining - albeit at a two-top).

Our group of 4 were on a recent sailing on Serenade and were assigned a large round table for 10. 1 person did not show up the entire week, but the 9 of us had a great time.

Have a wonderful time on your trip. The Serenade is a beautiful ship.

Archived