Has anyone stayed in Paramus, NJ?

Sandyrella

We are sailing New Year's day from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal and are looking for a place to stay New Year's Eve. We do not care to be close to the city for the celebrations.:eek:

I am coming from Quebec and my sister and family is coming from Ontario. Paramus is just about the same distance for both of us.

In particular, I am looking at the Hyatt Place Fair Lawn, in part for the size of the rooms and also the proximity to a nice mall. (DD really wants to go shopping at Hollister since we don't have one hear Montreal.:rolleyes:)

It's only one night and I doubt that we will be going out once the mall closes, so I was wondering if this is a good choice.

Thanks in advance!

I have not stayed there but I live about 10 minutes away. I have driven past there a million times.. I can't imagine that it could be bad, Fair Lawn is a nice town and you will be really close to every mall. If it is the area you want I would say go for it.

I lived in Paramus many years ago. I don't see anything wrong with Hyatt Place, but it seems a bit pricey to me for the area. I'd do some more research - look at Kayak.com to see what else is in the area (I saw a LaQuinta which is much less expensive and on Route 17 closer to Hollister as well as a Crowne Plaza) and then look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. IMO you could get a comparable hotel and save yourselves some $$$$.

I lived in Paramus many years ago. I don't see anything wrong with Hyatt Place, but it seems a bit pricey to me for the area. I'd do some more research - look at Kayak.com to see what else is in the area (I saw a LaQuinta which is much less expensive and on Route 17 closer to Hollister as well as a Crowne Plaza) and then look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. IMO you could get a comparable hotel and save yourselves some $$$$.

Thanks Mommyto2girls and 138east.

I should have mentioned that I need to be able to sleep 5 in a room so a "suite" hotel is preferably. I liked the size of the room here and don't mind spending the extra $$ for the space. Also, since it's New Year's Eve, we want to be able to socialize with my sister and family in one room without having only beds to sit on.

should be fine...the mall will close around 6 or 7 on NYE......(but if for some reason NYE is on Sunday, NOTHING will be open for shopping due to laws up there.)

traffic can stink but it shouldn't be too bad on the way to the pier...

Mommyto2girls....I believe that you sailed on the Westerdam in January with my friends Don & Sylvie.:p

We did and we had the BEST time ever with that group...they are awesome. I think we had one of the greatest roll calls in the history of HAL. Send them my best. We loved sharing their honeymoon with them. Please e-mail me and I will give you the complete run down on what you need. Sylvie has my e-mail address. We will give the the local scoop.

Archived