Just booked Vision May 1 - bad choice?????

Billmont

Hello all, amazing site this is.

I wish I had your input BEFORE I booked our cruise. Oh well, too late now.

From some of the postings I have seen today I've gotten the impression that the food quality is not what it was 11 years ago (our last cruise was in 1994). Judging by the number of people of talking about the May 1 sailing of the Vision of the Seas, leads me to believe my family and I may be the only ones on board. Is there anybody else cruising on May 1?

I was counting on there being some kids around in the Adventure youth program for my 3 year old daughter to play with. Anybody bringing their kids?

Last question, what are all the symbols people put at the bottom of their posts?

You will be disappointed ONLY if you have a mindset to be so. There are some real food snobs around and we must believe that ONLY their opinion is valid. According to them anyone who likes the food are dolts:eek: ( sorry, Stretch O)

But really I think the food is fine, but hey, what do I know, I only live by a city with the finest food in the world.:rolleyes: ;) :p

I was on the Vision over New Years. I am not a food snob, but I felt that the food was pretty good. I don't have the most 'refined' tastes, but the food was well above average. The above poster is definately right about the mindset...if you go into a vacation looking for bad things...you will find them.

Thanks for the information. Hearing that someone was just on the Vision without any major concerns is good news. And you both are right, I need to approach the holiday with a positive attitude.

Thanks.:o

I was on the Vision last may 2004. Although not the best food I have had on a cruise, our party of 6 had no complaints only good comments about the food and dinning room staff. We are booked again on the Vision for march 13 2005. serving up 600 meals at once will result in few servings below standard. let the staff know and they will fix you up with something you will like!:)

I'm on Visions April 03/05 and although I have read both good and bad reviews this is my first cruise and am soooooo looking forward to it!! My sister who is 14 years older than me,(we only met 6 years ago ) and is a first for us (I am 45) So we are going with an open mind and hope we can do some catching up for all the years we lost together so as long as the food is okay we will be in 7th Heaven. Take everything you read with a grain of salt and just go enjoy your time with whoever is there:) :) :)

Was on the Vision last year, and have no complaints about the food! I didn't have to make it or clean up afterwards AND it was a damn sight better than what I would make! Food is but a part of the cruise - there is so much else out there to experience. Be positive and enjoy yourself. I don't think I have ever had so much fun in my life - and it was my first cruise. I would take your place in a heartbeat!

From some of the postings I have seen today I've gotten the impression that the food quality is not what it was 11 years ago (our last cruise was in 1994). Judging by the number of people of talking about the May 1 sailing of the Vision of the Seas, leads me to believe my family and I may be the only ones on board. Is there anybody else cruising on May 1?

I was on the Vision over Christmas and found the food very good, never went hungry. there was one man who was complaining about the nondairy creamer on the last day of the cruise, it took him 6 days to figure it out?????

I guess my point is if you don't like something tell them and you can get something else to eat, and if you look for something to be unhappy with you will find it.

The Vision is a really good ship very clean, great staff and if you have CPTN. George he is great, he read poetry over the pa system.

TahoeBob

I was counting on there being some kids around in the Adventure youth program for my 3 year old daughter to play with. Anybody bringing their kids?

Last question, what are all the symbols people put at the bottom of their posts?

We were on the Vision-Jan. 2004. Great service, good entertainment and activities. Will you like all of the food all of the time? Probably not. Will you always find some food you enyoy 24 hours a day- Absolutely. Since Rcl is running at about 110% capacity Iam sure you won't be the only family on board.

got off the Vision last sunday (30th). The food was wonderful, nothing bad to report in that department. The entertainment was good .

We had cabin 8563 ( inside ) plenty of storage .Lots of space on deck for everyone. 6 hot tubs .separate section of pool for little ones.

Only complaint we had was, considering how high up on the ship we were, we felt some vibration.

Would sail on her again, no problem.

Archived