How do you get to Pussers Landing?

Sandyrella

Thanks so much Pyrate!

I believe the one I would like to go to is in Soper's Hole. We did a tour of Tortola a few years ago which ended up at Cane Garden Bay. It was great but since we only have the morning, we thought it would be fun to see something different but we don't want to spend much.

Is there much else to do around there? I know there are a few shops, which is great but other than that, what else is there to do?

With regards to any of the Pusser's Landings, are there any beaches nearby? We will have teenagers in tow.

we stopped at Tortolla on our cruise (Norwegian Pearl) on 1 April and my friend and I had to catch a cab out to Sopers Hole and the Pussers landing area. The cab ride was about 30 minutes and is quite spectacular in itself and you go around the entire Island to get to the North side and Sopers. Make arrangements with the cab to come back and get you if he will, not a lot of cabs hang out at Sopers. As for Sopers Hole, its mainly a marina for yachts and sailboats, not much there in the way of stores, just a few of them plus a couple of stores for provisioning boats that stop there. Pussers has a store there with usual stuff, t-shirts, clothes and rum for sale. nice outside bar to sit and have a drink while watching the harbor and the locals. An hour plus or minus will cover it all, did not see a beach but locals indicated there was one close by, ask your taxi driver. Worth one trip out there just to see it and say you have been there !!

Sorry anserman but Sopers is not on the north side nor do you go around the entire island to get there. The ride is beautiful. Soper's Hole is in the West End area. You take the Blackburn Highway which runs along the south shore of Tortola and does not connect to the north shore at all.

There is no beach close by, the closest beach would be either Smugglers Cove if you take the back roads or Apple Bay/Cappoons Bay going over Zion Hill. Yes, I know there is Frenchmens but that is not really a public area and not much of a beach.

You are correct about the marina and shops and an hour or so covers it. If you want to hang around for the view and ambiance (sp) head over to the Jolly Roger just past the ferry terminal at West End.

Archived