Grand Cayman building a dock for cruise ships

dafuser

That's nice, but what's the problem with tendering? I enjoyed the transfer from the Conquest to the smaller ship in 2006. I suppose this means there will be less port cancellation due to weather.

Tendering in is a pleasant change of pace from the huge ship - sort of a mini-excursion!

I don't have a problem with tendering at Grand Cayman. We've never missed the port due to weather conditions in a half dozen trips there.

I don't care all that much about missing a port, especially if I've been there before. If it was someones first cruise or first trip to that port, then the pier would ensure they get to visit the port. That would make for a more enjoyable cruise for those people.

That's nice, but what's the problem with tendering? I enjoyed the transfer from the Conquest to the smaller ship in 2006. I suppose this means there will be less port cancellation due to weather.

Tendering in is a pleasant change of pace from the huge ship - sort of a mini-excursion!

You've never had to stand in line for 45 minutes waiting to go back to the ship! Hot July day, no shade, no water! people were getting heat prostration just waiting. 5 ships in port so fewer tenders per ship. And no I didn't wait until the last minute to join the line. Please really build a pier this time!

Enjoy

Ron

for those that have been to GC and don't want to get off the ship thats fine. But for those that have never been there then the pier would be great!! No more missing the ports. I have read time and time again that many cruisers have been to GC and can't understand why the ships keep going back.Well for me I have only been there once and would love to go again and again and again. Theres always something to see and do. Many people have to get out of their own state because there is nothing to do. Well OPEN your eyes because there are plenty of things to see and do just like going to a port that you have been to several time. You have to take the time to see it and find it. People are too busy want to go to the next port and don't realize what is in front of them.. And yes i stood out and waited for the tender boats in the heat and yes I was hot but it was ok with me I was in a tropical island and it was wonderful!!!

Loved Grand Cayman.. I usually miss the long lines coming back on the ship as i head back a little early in order to do so, but getting off... long lines.. so docking would be nice. To miss long lines I usually have breakfast and miss the rush.. but if you plan an excursion.. then you are stuck.. I am looking forward to the improvement.

Considering the number of ships that moor off Georgetown on a regular basis that's going to need to be one big pier to accomodate them all!

There's often five ships at Georgetown so taking care of them all will be a tall order. I'd expect at least two ships at a time tendering...

:)

Agreed.

Archived