how much time between landing back in Ushuaia and international flight home to USA

beth555

I will be sailing to Antarctic on the PAII in late December/early Jan. My question is for those that have sailed before if I land back at Ushuaia and catch the charter (included w/PAII) what would be a safe time to catch an international flight back home to the USA from Buenos Aires? After what time of day? I understand that we have to find a way to get from the airport that the charter comes into to the international airport in Buenos Aires. Is that true?

The flight leaves around 11:00 AM and is about 3 hours to the domestic BA airport. Most of the flights to the US leave at night so it isn't a problem. We left on the same day and just went from one airport to the other. We did come in early though and we wish that we would have had more time in BA. We used a car service called Silverstar for all of our transport needs. Fred was recommended on the boards for South America and he was wonderful. Have a great time. We went this past January and it is truly the trip of a lifetime. We loved the PAII.

Tupper10 is right - generally the flights back to the US from BA will leave in the evening. In our case, the PAII charter left Ushuaia closer to noon, and I recall the flight time being more like 4 hours. Since we were leaving the domestic airport about 5PM on a Friday afternoon, we were in rush hour traffic. Our transfer took close to an hour between airports, so build that time into your departure.

We just paid Silversea for the tranfer between the domestic and international airports in BA. It was a little more expensive than a taxi, but it was quite comfortable and efficient. Many of the other passengers did the same thing.

We thoroughly loved the trip and would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. The expedition staff were all terrific and very open to questions. We did the "Get Outfitted" option through Ship to Shore and had our clothing delivered directly to the PAII. The clothes worked out perfectly, and were already waiting in our stateroom when we boarded.

If you've already spent time in BA, be aware that Silversea offers a pre-cruise package to Iguazu Falls. I was not aware of it and greatly regret not taking advantage of it.

Enjoy your trip. It's wonderful!

Thank you, we were staying in BA before the cruise for a 2 days. It sounds like a 6PM flight from BA to USA would be cutting it too close. Sounds like the best bet would be to stay the extra day. My son is already missing 6 days of school. I was hoping to get him back for the 7th day but it doesn't look that way.

Archived