Is this to be the only "Epic Class" ship ?

octagonmike

My guess is that it will all depend on how well received the Epic is and how long the economic recovery takes. It seems there are lots of people anxiously awaiting this new ship. I hope it lives up to all the hype. :)

I think a major part on whether or not the Epic will be a success falls on NCL's marketing. They really need to get the word out for this ship and focus on how big a step up in terms of entertainment compared to the rest of the industry.

There are so many postings here from cruisers that had never been on NCL booking this ship after seeing what she offers, now they NEED to get the same message out to other cruisers that are not as gung ho about the industry as we are here and people that have never cruised before.

I truly believe the Epic's got the "hardware" to be a success, NCL just need to really step up on the marketing. Can't experience something you never heard of right?

They paid a very large penalty when they cancelled construction of a second Epic class ship and it seems doubtful that they will build another unless it is successful beyond their wildest dreams. Some feel that NCL's action in canceling the second ship indicated that NCL executives felt that the ship would not be a success. The fact that for awhile they attempted to find another line that would buy Epic, which was then only partially completed, was not exactly a vote of confidence. Under the new management team at NCL they appear to have become more sure that it will be successful, but only time will tell. If it is a success, perhaps they will revisit their decision not to build more, but if not, Epic may become a one of a kind white elephant.

Archived