Equinox 1142 vs 6240

Holly2

The price is about a wash with the C3 a little less than the 2C -- go figure. I know 6240 has a larger balcony but does it have a lounge chair?

A delightful dilemma. Would we prefer the Sky Deck? CC itself doesn't mean much to us other than the breakfast menu.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Holly - I've got the same question on balcony size for exactly the same reason (2B now less than 2C etc - VERY strange but an AWESOME price). I've got 7305 on hold (FEB 2011) hoping someone can confirm that the balcony really is bigger and it's as good a deal as I think it is (otherwise, I'll go back to my SV/CC1 plan as the aft is always my first choice so I can see both sides!):)

Holly - another board member was kind enough to give me a response from another post I had - please see below answer from them on 7354 . . .

We were on the Equinox in 7354 this past March and loved the balcony. No, it is not exceptionally deep but adequate in size just the same. You're talking about another square foot or so in total. It is the last cabin on the sunrise deck and exceptionally private and totally covered; we still had ample sun just the same. The Sky suite is next to it and their balcony faced the aft portion of the ship, so no neighbours on the right side of us. We found the location to be very private and not a long walk to the mid-ship elevators. The best thing was we got it for the same price as the lowest category cabin and I believe it has now been recategorized as a 2B. I would imagine that cabin 7305 is a mirror image of this balcony. Hope this answers your questions.

The price is about a wash with the C3 a little less than the 2C -- go figure. I know 6240 has a larger balcony but does it have a lounge chair?

A delightful dilemma. Would we prefer the Sky Deck? CC itself doesn't mean much to us other than the breakfast menu.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes, the balcony is larger, but no lounge chair. This is what I wrote about this cabin a while back:

We had this cabin on Equinox. The balcony is bigger, bed was next to the balcony (loved that). But this cabin does have an obstructed view. The smaller life boats are just below the balcony. You can see it while sitting out there, but not from the bed. If that makes sense. I really loved the fact that the midship elevators were so close. Very convenient.

Not sure how we know they are time limited but that seems to be the consensus.

I switched to 7354 -- now my husband is questioning if that balcony has a railing.

Someone from my roll call was nice enough to send me a picture showing the balconies and I could see that 6240 really IS obstructed. Didn't go for the C2 because, while it seemed like a great price, none of the cabins available appealed to me. (Guess I could have booked it to get the price and then tried to switch cabins later.)

Good luck -- great problem to have, right? :)

Not sure how we know they are time limited but that seems to be the consensus.

I switched to 7354 -- now my husband is questioning if that balcony has a railing.

Someone from my roll call was nice enough to send me a picture showing the balconies and I could see that 6240 really IS obstructed. Didn't go for the C2 because, while it seemed like a great price, none of the cabins available appealed to me. (Guess I could have booked it to get the price and then tried to switch cabins later.)

Good luck -- great problem to have, right? :)

Holly you are so right about this being a good problem to have! I did make a change and decided ( so far) on a CC3 since the price was so good and location behind the hump surrounded by cabins seemed right. Wasn't sure about that white wall in 7354 which prevents you from seeing aft , but I do really like the privacy and extra veranda space. Here we go again...

Archived