Cabin electrical outlets?

Can someone here tell me how many electrical outlets we are likely to find in a cabin on Brilliance of the Seas? Guess all cabins would be pretty much the same, but specifically, this one has a balcony.

Thanks for any info.

Can vary from cabin to cabin. You'll have at least one by the desk that can be used for the hair dryer or any other standard electrical item. The one located in the bathroom is clearly marked " RAZORS ONLY". Do not try using this one for anything else as it's a fire hazard if you do. If you need more than the one at the desk, experience cruisers bring along a power strip.

I seem to recall there were 2 outlets on the desk. Nevertheless, I always bring along a 6 ft extension cord with 3 outlets on the end. That way I have some flexibility and don't have to plug in everything on the desk. Just run the extension behind the TV to the end of the counter.

On some ships I've been on, the outlet in the bathroom works only when the bathroom light is on. I mention this only because we wanted a night light in the bathroom (which I'm sure uses less electricity than a razor). Sigh.

On some ships I've been on, the outlet in the bathroom works only when the bathroom light is on. I mention this only because we wanted a night light in the bathroom (which I'm sure uses less electricity than a razor). Sigh.

I had planned on using a night light in the bathroom on my upcoming Mariner cruise. Anyone know if this "light on/off = outlet on/off" rule applies to to the Mariner? Thanks!

I had planned on using a night light in the bathroom on my upcoming Mariner cruise. Anyone know if this "light on/off = outlet on/off" rule applies to to the Mariner? Thanks!

I´m not entirely sure and someone might correct me if I´m wrong, but I think it´s the same on all ships.

we have left the light on in the BR and just enough light shines under the door.

you won't be able to use a nightlight in the bathroom -- the plug is not a standard US plug. I've never understood the "razors only" thing since the receptacle is so funky!!

we use one of the nightlights that is a glowing green square (rather than a bulb) and plug it in at the desk

you won't be able to use a nightlight in the bathroom -- the plug is not a standard US plug. I've never understood the "razors only" thing since the receptacle is so funky!!

we use one of the nightlights that is a glowing green square (rather than a bulb) and plug it in at the desk

The receptable looks so funky because it´s universal and you can plug in many different worldwide used plugs, including US.

I palce a "StickNClick" (with the "stickum" cover still on) on the top shelf in the head.

There are lots of sources for them, including Amazon. Try local shops like Bed Bath, etc, or order on line:

http://www.amazon.com/Ontel-SCN-MC12-Stick-Click-Lights/dp/B000J0NL8O

Found a rechargeable battery-powered night light/power-failure light at Ace Hardware store (various models also available at Kmart, Lowes, etc). It plugs in like a regular night light and has a sensor so it only lights if it is dark. It also lights (up to 9 hours) if the power is out. Should work in cabin bathroom - just need to leave bathroom lights on long enough during the day so it can recharge itself.

We go to the dollar store and get a pack of the glow bracelets... once assembled, they fit right over the door handle on the outside of the bathroom. Just enough light to see where you are going and they last all night- sometimes two! Depending on how many nights the cruise is, you may need a couple of packs. (one bracelet per night)

I´m not entirely sure and someone might correct me if I´m wrong, but I think it´s the same on all ships.

It has been on the ships where we tried a nightlight in the bathroom. We now take a flashlight for any nightly trips to the bathroom. There's no way we'd turn on that Wrath of God flourescent light in the bathroom in the middle of the night.

It has been on the ships where we tried a nightlight in the bathroom. We now take a flashlight for any nightly trips to the bathroom. There's no way we'd turn on that Wrath of God flourescent light in the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Especially since the light switch always seems to be outside the bathroom, so you light up the entire cabin. I wonder why the switch is not inside the bathroom?

Especially since the light switch always seems to be outside the bathroom, so you light up the entire cabin. I wonder why the switch is not inside the bathroom?

I don´t know if it´s true, but I was told that bathroom switches are out of the bathroom for safety reasons. Some rules about electrical switches, outlets in bathrooms.

After I´ve been told that I´ve started to pay attention to this and I rarely find the light switch inside any bathroom even on land.

I don´t know if it´s true, but I was told that bathroom switches are out of the bathroom for safety reasons. Some rules about electrical switches, outlets in bathrooms.

After I´ve been told that I´ve started to pay attention to this and I rarely find the light switch inside any bathroom even on land.

Here in the US it's extremely common to have the light switch inside the bathroom, Gunnar. That's why so many folks find it so odd that the switch is outside.

But I guess in a bathroom as tiny as the ones on the ship, keeping the electrical separate is even more crucial!

Good point, especially since it is fairly easy to be standing in water in a ship's bathroom if the shower curtain is not closed all the way. But then, there is still that darn shaver plug, so how safe is that?

Archived