Pinnacle Question

odd man out

I have read some threads about the Master Chef Dinner (MCD) and decided (like many) that this might be a good night to eat at the Pinnacle Dining Room. We are going on the Ryndam in Alaska in late June and it is our first cruise. Is the MCD so unpopular that we might have difficulty getting a Pinnacle reservation on that night? Is it possible to book this before the cruise? If so, can we be sure the MCD will be on the last night? I have seen a post that mentioned the MCD sometimes happening on the penultimate night. Also, assuming that it is on the last night, our itinerary says that we are scheduled to be cruising College Fjord from 5 to 8 PM that evening. Would this be a good time to dine in the Pinnacle becuase of the nice views, or would it be a poor time to eat in the Pinnacle becuase we would be missing some great views?

Thanks in Advance.

You could make a reservation on-line (HAL site, For Booked Guests, On Board Gifts, Restaurants) or by calling 800-541-1576 for the last night, and change it if necessary when you get on board.

Personally, I would eat early and quick in the Lido and get outside with my camera in College Fjord. :)

On Ryndam last August, I was glad I'd booked the Pinnacle online for the Master Chef evening.

I reconfirmed my reservations just after minutes after embarking, in the Lido buffet. The Pinnacle was already almost sold out for every night, every time, every table.

That doesn't mean the same thing will happen this year, but why take a chance? I'd book online, and eat at 8 that night.

Archived