Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Thanks, all!

Hmmm....now I'm not sure what to do! :) All the choices sound good, and I doubt there is a "wrong" way to go, here. Gee, looking forward to a wonderful first cruise, a honeymoon, celebrating my DH's Job promotion, all in beautiful Alaska - How can I complain? :cool:

-Vanessa

You're right...you can't!:o

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows it the Sun has been in drydock yet to fix that "propulsion" problem they had when we were on our Dec 2005 cruise? I started looking through this thread for that and gave up...too many posts to go through. We have another cruise booked on her Jan 2007 and just wondered if it was fixed. No problem if it isn't as it never bothered us in Dec. I think this is a great ship and it will be my 3rd cruise on her!

Would appreciate any info you might have, thanks.

We where on the Sun 3 weeks ago and had a personal tour of the bridge with the captain. He said after going almost a year without the side thrusters they had been repaired and made docking much more easier.

We where on the Sun 3 weeks ago and had a personal tour of the bridge with the captain. He said after going almost a year without the side thrusters they had been repaired and made docking much more easier.

Did you enjoy the glacier hike? We did the extended hike in 2001 and got back to the ship totally exhausted.

This year we did the rock climbing in Skagway. Judy's afraid of heights but did two climbs and a rappel. I video taped her 70 foot crack/flake climb, speeded up the video 400% and set it to the theme from the Wonder Woman TV show! Now that's funny!

Hi Charles and Judy,

Just saw your question about the glacier hike. It was the one of the best thing we did. We spent over 2 hours hiking around the glacier realy cool. We also did the heli-5 mile hike. They dropped us in the wilderness and we hiked up to the base of the glacier. The train stopped and pick us up for the ride back to Skagway.

Probably our last trip to Alaska for a while. You guy's gotta go to Tahiti:D

We missed the coconut trees and sandy beaches.

Richard

Heather,

Just remember you promised to leave some alcohol available for the July 23 cruise.

Ya know I don't think I can now. I now know more of who is in my group of 117 and well let me just say there will be some major parties going on. Sorry. LOL

Ya know I don't think I can now. I now know more of who is in my group of 117 and well let me just say there will be some major parties going on. Sorry. LOL

You go girl...drink the ship dry!:D

Your posts should be quite witty then,huh?:p

Hi Charles and Judy,

Just saw your question about the glacier hike. It was the one of the best thing we did. We spent over 2 hours hiking around the glacier realy cool. We also did the heli-5 mile hike. They dropped us in the wilderness and we hiked up to the base of the glacier. The train stopped and pick us up for the ride back to Skagway.

Probably our last trip to Alaska for a while. You guy's gotta go to Tahiti:D

We missed the coconut trees and sandy beaches.

Richard

The airfare for the south pacific and Australia is real killer. We want to do the Aus to NZ trip one year for sure.

But it looks like the Island Princess is going to take over for the Regal and do a lot of full Panamas in 2008. That's on our list of things to do as well and the airfare is very affordable...as in FF free.

But it looks like the Island Princess is going to take over for the Regal and do a lot of full Panamas in 2008. That's on our list of things to do as well and the airfare is very affordable...as in FF free.

What itineraries are you seeing for the future Island Princess Panama cruises, if any yet? I haven't been able to pull this info up. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

What itineraries are you seeing for the future Island Princess Panama cruises, if any yet? I haven't been able to pull this info up. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

There is a couple of Suzycruiser threads, she's a TA, about the advance notice she's getting. Booking opened on the 5th of July and there are some LA R/T Island Princess Panama's, some LA to FLL and an 18 day whirlwind tour that really looks neat - all in winter 2007-2008.

I'm starting to go into "Cruise Mode"!!! I'll post as soon as I can Sunday if not Monday. Sun Princess see ya in 3 days!

OK prophotogirl, check out Sailaway.....what do they do, where, is it posted in Patters? Details, please. Are you having fun yet???

Archived