Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

HAL lists the cabanas as colors and not numbers. Can someone tell me what numbers match up with colors? :D

TIA

1 Taupe

2 Blue

3 Turquoise

4 Orange

5 Sky Blue

6 Purple

7 Peach

8 Pink

9 Egg Shell

10 Green

11 Gray

12 Yellow

13 Terracotta

14 Red

15 Violet

1 Taupe

2 Blue

3 Turquoise

4 Orange

5 Sky Blue

6 Purple

7 Peach

8 Pink

9 Egg Shell

10 Green

11 Gray

12 Yellow

13 Terracotta

14 Red

15 Violet

Now if 15-Violet was the only one left, would you go ahead and book it or is it just too far away for an active family?

Now if 15-Violet was the only one left, would you go ahead and book it or is it just too far away for an active family?

To quote somebody:

Any cabana is better than no cabana.

And I would get the butler package to make your day even better.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Great Thread! Just what I was looking for!! My husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary the day we arrive in Half Moon Cay on our first "Honeymoon". I'm hoping we're able to book a cabana. I'm really looking forward to this day in July. Just a few questions...

1. Is there anywhere you can book a massage on the beach/in your cabana in Half Moon Cay? I know they offer this at Disney's private island. I found a review from 2006 that mentioned a "massage hut" where you can book a massage.

2. The review also mentioned "Cabana Boys" that serviced a group of cabanas - getting drinks, providing papergoods, etc. This service was provided for tips. Do they still have this? I think I would enjoy this much more than having a "Butler" hanging around all day.

Thanks for the info. Cross your fingers for us. Hoping we can book a cabana before they're all gone on our July 9th cruise.

I think you can get a massage there...not certain. May be a question worth posting as a new thread!

They have waiters (the same bar waiters from the ship) who go up and down taking orders...unless you're really needy, a butler isn't necessary;)

As soon as you board, go right to the excursion desk. Good luck and happy anniversary!

As far as I know, there is a truck that takes people back and forth if they want it. Haven't used it, but we were only in #5...

To quote somebody:

Any cabana is better than no cabana.

Thank You Bruce. Book it, before someone else does.

You might enjoy your own slice of heaven at the far end of the beach.

Edited by Typhoon1

Go for Violet! We've used the truck/jitney type transport and it was waiting just outside the village part and took us right to the cabana. I walked back, but my sister-in-law needed the transport and it took her back when she was ready to go. I sort of forget how she called it. The only trek you'll have is for food...........the buffet is about halfway along the line of cabanas.

Do you get the cabana for the whole time you are there? How many people can use it?

We actually had 8 of us in our group in May. We just booked the cabana based upon 4. When you book, they will ask you what sodas/water you want (they provide 8 drinks). Then they give you the big platters of fruit, nachos, dips. Since you also get lunch provided for you on the island, the snacks were more than enough for all of us. We didn't all stay in the cabana (except when it was pouring:eek:)....kind of "floated" in & out. They provide 4 mats, 4 sets of snorkel gear. We didn't see the necessity of having 8 of everything...we're good share people;):p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the informative posts about HMC! I will be there in 5 days! Considering we have six inches of snow here right now, I can't wait!!

Silly question perhaps, but are there lockers anywhere on HMC? Just trying to figure out what to do with my keycard/wallet/camera while in the water.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

MMEPhilly - don't even bother bringing your wallet off the ship... anything you'd buy on the island (booze or a trinket) will be charged to your cabin because the island is owned by the cruise line. Not worth risking your wallet getting lost or taken. Your key card and camera probably won't be touched, everyone around us had tote bags and cameras and stuff on their loungers while they swam. I don't recall seeing lockers, although they probably have them, but they probably won't be near where you'd be swimming.

Enjoy your cruise... I'm in Philly as well, we came back from our sailing last Saturday just as the previous storm ended. Very, very hard to come back to all that snow!

• 3 weeks later...
We are a family of 7. 2 adults and 5 kids ages 16,12,9,7,7. Could we get away with renting 1 cabana??? I have to admit, I was shocked to see the price pp. Good to know its for the whole cabana! Thanks for the info :-)

Yup! We had 8 of us last year...no problems. They will only give you 8 drinks and 4 sets of snorkel equipment, but they don't check to see who's on a list.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody here both rented a cabana AND done an excursion. Me and 3 others are already booked for the aquatrax water adventure but would also be really interested in getting a cabana and then just proceeding to the excursion from our cabana for 90 min. Is this a problem or do the excursions meet somewhere on the island? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Has anybody here both rented a cabana AND done an excursion. Me and 3 others are already booked for the aquatrax water adventure but would also be really interested in getting a cabana and then just proceeding to the excursion from our cabana for 90 min. Is this a problem or do the excursions meet somewhere on the island? any help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know the answer to this but you might want to read the thread on here about "cabana squatters" at HMC. If you are away from your cabana (no one will be in the cabana for 90 munites). You may find other people have taken it over thinking it is "vacant" when you get back

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351541&highlight=squatters

Edited by reno3

I don't know the answer to this but you might want to read the thread on here about "cabana squatters" at HMC. If you are away from your cabana (no one will be in the cabana for 90 munites). You may find other people have taken it over thinking it is "vacant" when you get back

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1351541&highlight=squatters

thanks a lot....as far as that is concerned were 25 yr old males and have no problem taking back our cabana lol. also just out of curiosity does anybody know what time the lunch is served until?

thanks a lot....as far as that is concerned were 25 yr old males and have no problem taking back our cabana lol. also just out of curiosity does anybody know what time the lunch is served until?

It's around 2:00. I know we went close to 2:00 the first time we were there and there wasn't alot left...

The food is not "to die for" but it's there and it's free;)