Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

The $299 is for HAL. With HAL you can book online (which I did right away and ordered the butler service ($270) to go with it for 4 people.

There was also a report of $299.00 on a recent CCL cruise. It's located somewhere in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
What all is included in the butler service? Is it worth the extra expense?

Holly

A specially prepared meal to your order.

The services of a butler outside your cabana for the day. He/she will take care of all your needs.

Unlimited alcohol.

It's probably worth the expense if you consume large amounts of alcohol. Personally, I could do without the extra expense, as we are not into alcohol.

Hi,

I've attached a link to a previous thread on this board that has pictures of the clam shells on HMC. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276198

Does anyone have a picture of what the clam shells look like? If we decide on one, how far in advance do we have to reserve?

Hi,

I've attached a link to a previous thread on this board that has pictures of the clam shells on HMC. Hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1276198

It does thank you so much. If think we'll end up getting one. Hopefully I'll remember which one it is.

I have a feeling that this isn't likely, do you know if there are any seashells on the beach?

I have a feeling that this isn't likely, do you know if there are any seashells on the beach?

The beach at HMC is quite well manicured. The sand resembles white powder, I don't recall seeing anything. Of course, I wasn't really looking.

It does thank you so much. If think we'll end up getting one. Hopefully I'll remember which one it is.

There aren't a lot, but I did find a few smaller ones down toward the end of the beach. If you are looking out at the water, they were in the area at the end of the beach to the right, right before the rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lilylight, THANK YOU for the fantastic review! Seriously, HAL and CCL should pay you to create a HMC brochure! Your photos and descriptions gave such great detail, yet were easy to understand. Our family has three cabanas in a row (6-7-8) reserved for our NYE cruise on the Westerdam. I've shared your review with the family and we're very appreciative of your efforts!! :-)

Lily....wanted to let you know how great your review was and spot on about the cabanas. We got one on our first cruise on the Pride in August. We loved it as it was nice for getting out of the sun etc. Next cruise we may not do it only cause it just wasn't 100% for us but it was very nice to have!!!

We have just reserved the lavender cabana for our Dec trip. The HAL agent said that it was farthest up the beach and the most private....

Does anyone have any knowledge of the lavender cabana???

$299 is a large investment, I just want to make sure that we'll have a relaxing day.

Thanks so much!!

Cruiznuts

We have just reserved the lavender cabana for our Dec trip. The HAL agent said that it was farthest up the beach and the most private....

$299 is a large investment, I just want to make sure that we'll have a relaxing day.

Thanks so much!!

Cruiznuts

$299.00 may be a large investment. However, after the cruise, you'll probably consider it the best investment you made on your trip.

Thanks so much!!

Cruiznuts

Wow! HAL charges $299?? Carnival charges $225. But then again, you can't reserve ahead of time on Carnival either...

Not many people go all the way to the end of the cabana area so you should have alot of peace and quiet. It's the first 5 cabanas or so that end up with the most people in front. It's very hard NOT to have a relaxing day at HMC!;):)

Thanks for all the replies!!

While we aren't keen to hike for miles to be to our cabana, I just wanted to avoid being in a main traffic area or having tons of chairs in front of us.

It should be a fabulous day and we're arrelly looking forward to it.

Happy Cruising,

Cruiznuts

Wow! HAL charges $299?? Carnival charges $225. But then again, you can't reserve ahead of time on Carnival either...

It is worth the extra money to be able to reserve your cabana on line well ahead of time.

I think most CCL cruisers would pay additional not to have to rush to board the ship and race to the Shore Excursion Desk.

HAL also provides transport to the cabana, which makes the more distant ones even more desirable. You don't have to hike if you don't want to. Does Carnival do this?

I've often wondered why HAL charges so much more..........does anyone know off hand if the foods and gear provided with the cabana are the same for both? Anyone who's visited HMC with both lines and can give comparisons?

We've booked Eggshell for our next visit in March. I hope the "ship's ribs" construction project is done so I can see what it is.

HAL also provides transport to the cabana, which makes the more distant ones even more desirable. You don't have to hike if you don't want to. Does Carnival do this?

I've often wondered why HAL charges so much more..........does anyone know off hand if the foods and gear provided with the cabana are the same for both? Anyone who's visited HMC with both lines and can give comparisons?

We've booked Eggshell for our next visit in March. I hope the "ship's ribs" construction project is done so I can see what it is.

The cabanas are exactly the same and according to the boards the accountrements look the same as well. Must just be "what the traffic will bear".

Best,

Cruiznuts

Great Thread! Just what I was looking for!! My husband and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary the day we arrive in Half Moon Cay on our first "Honeymoon". I'm hoping we're able to book a cabana. I'm really looking forward to this day in July. Just a few questions...

1. Is there anywhere you can book a massage on the beach/in your cabana in Half Moon Cay? I know they offer this at Disney's private island. I found a review from 2006 that mentioned a "massage hut" where you can book a massage.

2. The review also mentioned "Cabana Boys" that serviced a group of cabanas - getting drinks, providing papergoods, etc. This service was provided for tips. Do they still have this? I think I would enjoy this much more than having a "Butler" hanging around all day.

Thanks for the info. Cross your fingers for us. Hoping we can book a cabana before they're all gone on our July 9th cruise.