Waiting to get out of here!

zurmoly

Having grown up in Newton, MA and having lived in Amherst/Belchertown, MA for 10 years, I relate... only now I live just outside of Syracuse, NY and not only do we have the negative temps. but usually we have no sun at all!

We went on our cruise early this year ... big mistake! We SO WISH that we could be leaving soon, but now we'll be having to wait till next year when we are definitely going later, like in February!

Enymarsh I did that a couple of years ago went in early January and then I wanted another cruise by the end of February so now I always book for February....And of coulse I extend my cruise by staying in Florida 4 or 5 days!!

Here in PA we are at 13 degrees right now, but will reach 28 they say. By mid-week we are supposed to get into the 30s. That will feel like a heat wave and downright balmy compared to the -8 we had yesterday morning. We don't cruise until April. Enjoy your cruise and bring back some warm weather.

Grew up in Chicago area so am no stranger to cold weather. Now live in SF Bay area for the last 20+ years. It is 36 here. Guess I won't complain. Wish I was cruising sooner than May of 2006. Have wonderful cruises everyone.

I don't miss those Boston winters. It's bad enough here @about 30, with the remains of less than a foot of snow. For years we took a winter vacation in February but this year we decided to join family on the Star in January.I'll definately be crying in February! The good news is I found I will be able to take early retirement effective 12/31. Next winter when this weather and depression set in, we'll be able to pack up the car,head south and look for sunshine...

It was 3 here in Reading, PA, this morning. Up to a balmy 18 degrees now. At least the sun has been out the last few days so that lifts my spirits a bit, but it has been cold the last few weeks, along with about 13 inches of snow.

I know, it's not nearly as bad as some places, but still not a lot of fun. So glad I booked this upcoming cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Only 10 more days and we'll be sailing into the sun and warmth! Only 5 more days of work. I can almost smell the sea. :cool:

Archived