LOTS OF Q'S, never cruised, Enchantment 2/2005

I have lots of Q's for all you cruisers. Never cruised before, looking at Enchantment 2/2005. When booking a room, what do the different catagory of letters on a room mean? Is one better than the other, even though they are both interior large staterooms? What deck of the ship is prefered by anyone who has been on the Enchantmenet? Any decks or rooms I should stay away from? I am looking at a large interior for a family of four. If I book through Royal Caribbean now, and the price goes down, will they refund u? Where does everyone else book from? How many formal nites are there are a 5 nite from FT Lauderdale? Anyone have pictures of the inside pool? Are there extra charges for the rock climbing wall, or for the snack bar areas between meals? I guess that's enough questions for now, thanks for your help!!!!

Lisa - Hoping to cruise 2/ 2005!!!!!

Unless they change, shouldn't be any charge for the rock climbing wall. For room location, I suggest you look at the brochure or at the ship plans on line to see what would be above and below the room you might want. As a rule, categories are based on location (lower decks means lower letter - but handier to get off and on at ports). Lower is also more stabile in rough weather. I'm sure you'll get much better advice as your post goes on. Nancy

Lisa,

Welcome to cruising! I have not been on enchantment but let me try some of these:

An inside cabin is an inside cabin. Categories place you in better locations. Avoid low high letter cabins in the fore and aft of the ship for motion reasons. On our cruise we were four decks from the buffet and four decks from the dining room making for a nice stair climb after dinner to work off the meal. This is not a bad thing. I do not have specifics on bad cabins.

Most TA's will refund the portion of a price reduction after their commission as long as you have not paid in full. NEVER pay in full before the due date. SOME TA's will even refund after paying in full. This is an ongoing battle on the board so be prepared to hear conflicting data. The best bet is to call or email your TA and ask their policy.

No extra charge for rock climbing, or most snacks. If there is a Ben and Jerry's you will pay for that. A cappucino wi;; cost you at Seattle's best but coffee, a pastry, pizza, or soft serve are totally free.

They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Navigator Of The Seas 1/04

We were on the Enchantment in January.

Check out the prices for a window while you are pricing. For a few dollars more it's nice to be able to see if it's light out, close to docking etc.

May be it's not worth it to you but it was to us.

Archived