Soda Package

. The trinkets in the gift shop are way overpriced, too - so why can't I just slip a bracelet into my pocket and walk out? That is a much closer analogy.

Last time I checked you can't be arrested for sharing a soda but you can for shoplifting.

You would save even more money if you didn't give the staff any gratuities.

You would save even more money if you claimed residency for a place that you don't live.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be in the military when you are not.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be a firefighter or a police officer when you are not.

You would save even more if you could get your traveling companion to distract the bartender while you leap over the bar and grab a bottle off the shelf.

So, I say, go for it. Steal soda via someone else's soda package.

It's just a Big Bad Company that you are stealing from. Nothing wrong in that. "everybody does it" "no one really cares" "I'm not hurting anyone".

Not really. They offer very few of these discounts, and they make sure you have your credentials before giving you the reduced rate.

<rant>

Ultimately it comes down to a matter of the individual's conscience as to whether "sharing" a soda card is stealing or not. It's certainly a violation of the agreement that you made with the cruise line when you purchased that soda card, isn't it? But unless you're flagrantly sharing your soda right in front of the bartender, chances are nobody but yourself will ever know. And that's the real test of character, isn't it? The choices one makes when nobody is looking?

</rant>

I'd have to say I'm dumbfounded by the amount of thought and effort people seem to put into stealing soda and sneaking booze onboard. I've only sailed DCL, where they let you bring on liquor and soda is free, so it's a totally foreign concept to me.

The same people who are condemming you for sharing a soda package are probally the same people who smuggle booze on board and thinks thats fine :)

Go with whatever YOU feel happy with.

Nope. We don't share a soda package and we don't sneak alcohol onboard. Does it make me feel "superior"? Nope again. It's just who we are.

<rant>

Ultimately it comes down to a matter of the individual's conscience as to whether "sharing" a soda card is stealing or not. It's certainly a violation of the agreement that you made with the cruise line when you purchased that soda card, isn't it? But unless you're flagrantly sharing your soda right in front of the bartender, chances are nobody but yourself will ever know. And that's the real test of character, isn't it? The choices one makes when nobody is looking?

</rant>

Exactly.

beachchick

I like soda more than almost anyone else I know but I think I could go without for a week or 10 days if it meant that I didn't want to buy the extra card. BUT some would say that charging 6 bucks a day for a product that literally costs them pennies might be a bit over the top. Maybe if they made it a more reasonable price then people wouldn't be so concerned about trying to duck the price.

I hope though that the attitude that one person exhibited, ( if you can't afford the 6 bucks per day then you shouldn't be on the cruise ship) is not typical of cruisers in general.

Do they supply you with a cup you must carry around with you or every time you go up to the bar will they give you a glass every time???

I read on RC website a cup will be delivered to your room???

JUST IN FROM RCL:

ROYAL CARIBBEAN UNVEILS HOT BUNKING:

MIAMI, MAY 2nd, 2010 ROYAL CARIBBEAN UNVEILS HOT BUNKING

We are pleased to announce to our stock holders our new policy...HOT BUNKING. This new policy will take affect starting today. Guests will now be sharing their cabin with another Guest. Guests that are currently booked, and all future bookings will be expected to share their stateroom with a paying guest booked in the same category. Being that the stateroom is only used for a small portion of the actual cruise we will be double booking the cabins. We will work diligently to be sure that each guest will get their fare share of their allotted time. Each guest will be given a 12 hour window, in which they are free to use the cabin. All prices will remain the same.

Archived