Soda Package

myself and dgf are heading away at the beginning of june and we only bought one soda package. Will we only be allowed to get one drink at a time or can i ask for 2???

If you only purchased one soda package, it is only for ONE person, not two. Kind of like if you went into an all-you-can-eat restaurant and paid for only one dinner - they would not permit you to share that one dinner with another person - it's only for all YOU can eat. I'm fairly sure you will only be given one drink at a time.

myself and dgf are heading away at the beginning of june and we only bought one soda package. Will we only be allowed to get one drink at a time or can i ask for 2???

I am confused. You paid, presumably, many hundreds of dollars for a cruise, travel to and from the port, excursions. But you can't spring for a second soda package?

You can always add one on, or buy the second when you get onboard.

I get it. Nothing wrong w/ saving money where you can. I bought one pop package and my partner will presumably be sharing it w/ me. He doesn't like pop quite as much as I do and would not be worth buying a package for him.

I get it. Nothing wrong w/ saving money where you can. I bought one pop package and my partner will presumably be sharing it w/ me. He doesn't like pop quite as much as I do and would not be worth buying a package for him.

You know, you CAN just buy an individual can now and then if he doesn't drink much - or just bring your own.

my girlfriend doesnt drink much soda anyway so wud be a waste spending money on a 2nd package. she mite just have one drink at dinner and dats it. every little helps i suppose so we have more money for the ''real'' drinks :)

I don't drink soda much, my husband drinks club soda almost exclusively. So he got the soda package card and I stuck to plain tap water.

But. On one trip to refill his water bottle, he took mine too, since it was empty. To simplify things, he asked the bartender to fill them both with soda water. No dice. One card = one drink.

If I'd wanted a soda, I suppose he could have gotten his one place and gone to another bar or drink station to get mine. But it seems like a lot of hassle for a glass of fizzy water, doesn't it?

You would save even more money if you didn't give the staff any gratuities.

You would save even more money if you claimed residency for a place that you don't live.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be in the military when you are not.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be a firefighter or a police officer when you are not.

You would save even more if you could get your traveling companion to distract the bartender while you leap over the bar and grab a bottle off the shelf.

So, I say, go for it. Steal soda via someone else's soda package.

It's just a Big Bad Company that you are stealing from. Nothing wrong in that. "everybody does it" "no one really cares" "I'm not hurting anyone".

You would save even more money if you claimed residency for a place that you don't live.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be in the military when you are not.

You would save even more money if you claimed to be a firefighter or a police officer when you are not.

You would save even more if you could get your traveling companion to distract the bartender while you leap over the bar and grab a bottle off the shelf.

It's just a Big Bad Company that you are stealing from. Nothing wrong in that. "everybody does it" "no one really cares" "I'm not hurting anyone".

Wow...

I so agree with the Wow! that was just posted. Sometimes the judgement on this board just amazes me....sheesh people! Do you have to be so harsh? I mean' date=' really? :([/quote']

Might sound harsh, but many of us do not condone theft, that's all. It raises prices down the line for all of us. If you can't afford to spend $2 on a can of soda, you have no business cruising.

Might sound harsh, but many of us do not condone theft, that's all. It raises prices down the line for all of us. If you can't afford to spend $2 on a can of soda, you have no business cruising.

Thank you, Geri.

Sometimes I am amazed at how many people condone theft and other crimes.

:D Yeah, what she said.

Usually just one coke at a time. There are several bars to choose from, one at a time of course.:)

Save it for the smuggling threads where a real loss of revenue occurs not over a 3 cent coke.

The same people who are condemming you for sharing a soda package are probally the same people who smuggle booze on board and thinks thats fine :)

Go with whatever YOU feel happy with.

I don't smuggle booze, but that's not the point. The difference is that by sharing one soda card you are taking something for which you did not pay. Soda is way overpriced. The trinkets in the gift shop are way overpriced, too - so why can't I just slip a bracelet into my pocket and walk out? That is a much closer analogy.

But, you are right - go with whatever YOU feel comfortable with.

Archived