Age old question

zurmoly

I see nothing wrong with it either. I know many feel this is a definite nono. I think a lot of the old rules like no white after labor day and before easter just do not apply anymore.

This is my thinking. Wear clothes that are comfortable to you temperture wise. When it is 80 degrees outside and it is November what is wrong with wearing a pair of white shorts or capris? The same goes for the velvet dress. I would not wear it in July at home because even if the place is air conditioned I would still swelter just getting in and out fo the place right? But if I am in an air controlled envirement why not?

Most of us have our little wrap or sweather or jacket we take to dinner for comfort because the air is cool in the dinningroom on most ships. So a velvet dress should not be a problem at all.

On my last cruise I took a lovely silk two piece dress. The material was definetly "correct" for the caribbean but it sure did not pack well-I had to press it before wearing it. So I decided I won't do that again. I would much rather wear my velvet.

Archived