Hampton Inn & Suites, Hollywood - anything around this hotel?

We booked the Hampton Inn & Suites on Stirling Rd in Hollywood for our pre-cruise night. Our flight doesn`t get in until 11 pm though. We are hoping to pick up some wine and soda in the morning before the cruise but we know the shuttle won`t stop for us. :p

Does anyone know if there is anything in walking distance of this hotel? Also, what time do the liquor stores open in Florida? Or can wine be purchased in grocery stores?

This hotel is near the Oakwood Plaza shopping center. There's a BJ's Wholesale club in this shopping center that sells wine. BJ's also has a liquor store. You do not say what day you'll be arriving, but be aware that you cannot buy alcohol of any kind before noon on Sundays in Ft. Lauderdale. You may be able to walk to this shopping plaza, it is less than a mile, I believe.

This hotel is near the Oakwood Plaza shopping center. There's a BJ's Wholesale club in this shopping center that sells wine. BJ's also has a liquor store. You do not say what day you'll be arriving, but be aware that you cannot buy alcohol of any kind before noon on Sundays in Ft. Lauderdale. You may be able to walk to this shopping plaza, it is less than a mile, I believe.

Thanks for your response!! I have a few more questions.

We land Friday night for our Saturday cruise. We are not BJ Club members, so if it is like Costco up here, I would not be able to buy there, right? Is the liquor store open to the public or members only?

Thanks for your response!! I have a few more questions.

We land Friday night for our Saturday cruise. We are not BJ Club members, so if it is like Costco up here, I would not be able to buy there, right? Is the liquor store open to the public or members only?

I think the wine is sold in the warehouse (members only) and liquor is sold to anyone in the liquor store. You should be able to get a day pass at customer service and pay a non-member premium. There is also a Kmart next door which I believe sells wine.

Thank you royalcruz! In NJ all beer, wine and liquor are only sold in liquor stores.

It would be great if I can pick up my soda and wine (and anything I may have forgotten to pack) at K-Mart. One stop shopping! :D

Archived