Time to Fly out of VCE?

Whippets

Our ship is scheduled to arrive in Venice on a Thursday at 6 AM. What is a realistic time to be able to fly out of VCE? We will have carry on luggage. Also any suggestions as to getting to the airport in a timely manner? Distance? Any advice would be appreciated before I book my airline reservations.

Getting to VCE from the port is actually quite easy since it can all be done on land. The fastest (and easiest) way is to simply grab a taxi. The other alternative would be to book a transfer sold on your ship. Either way you would be at the airport terminal in about 20 min. The biggest delay in disemarking any cruise is waiting for them to offload the luggage which in Venice, is then moved to the terminal building (other side of the port). You then get an internal transfer bus from the gangplank to your luggage. If your ship has express disembarkation (where you haul your own luggage off the ship) you can save time if you do not mind moving your luggage on and off the port transportation. Venice is a relatively small airport so processing is much faster then at huge airports like FCO. We would probably gamble on a flight after 10am...but others would say you should wait until 11. The one issue for which you cannot plan is if the ship is delayed getting to Venice (this kind of thing is rare, but it can happen).

Hank

Thanks for your prompt reply Hank! I have been searching airlines and I found a flight at 10:10 AM. Most of the other flights were at 6:30 and 8:30 AM and I knew that would be too early. I will check to see if Royal Caribbean offers walking off with your own luggage. We have learned from lots of travel to pack light.

Thanks for your prompt reply Hank! I have been searching airlines and I found a flight at 10:10 AM. Most of the other flights were at 6:30 and 8:30 AM and I knew that would be too early. I will check to see if Royal Caribbean offers walking off with your own luggage. We have learned from lots of travel to pack light.

Just to let you know Royal C. does have express disembarking. You had to leave between 6:45 - 7:15. We were on the shuttle the ship provides and at P. Roma by 7:30 AM. From there you can get the Airport bus easily........while I'm always one to consider that problems/delays can occur, 10:10 would make me nervous, but I bet you can do it just fine.

Archived