Thinking about St. John and how to go

IMDORY

I was cruising when KYWEST1 asked questions so I apologize I haven't been back here in awhile.

As an FYI, the beaches along the North Shore of St. John (in order from Cruz Bay) that taxis drop off at and are normally readily available for returns to the ferry are: Hawksnest, Trunk, and Cinnamon. The next beach is Maho (my favorite) but if you go here you need to pre-arrange for a taxi to come back for you at a set time as taxis don't have a place here to park and wait for guests like they do at the other three beaches.

All four of these beaches have restroom facilities. Trunk and Cinnamon have snack bars and rent beach chairs, snorkel gear, water floats.

It's about ten minutes from Cruz Bay to Hawknest. Add five minutes for each beach thereafter and another dollar or so for the additional taxi fare for getting to the additional beaches the further you go ($6 to Hawksnest or Trunk; $7 to Cinnamon; $8 to Maho...approximate costs).

Edited by Host Anne

With more than 1,200 posts in this thread, it can be difficult to navigate and find the information you are looking for. I've therefore started a new thread with updated information on spending a day on St. John and you can find it here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42248628#post42248628

This thread will still be available for reference but I'm going to close it to further discussion and ask that additional questions be posted on the new thread above.

Hoping you get to visit St. John soon!