Help needed - Car Rental in Oahu - not going to airport

spingal

I am on the Island Princess in April. We are in Honolulu all day (8am-11pm) and want to rent a car. Is there a car rental agency within walking distance of the pier? We would want to pick it and up and return it the same day. Would prefer to not have to go to the airport because unlike some other Hawaii cruises, our cruise does not end in Honolulu. I have read a lot of posts about folks who want to rent a car but then return it at the airport because they are flying home.

THANKS!!!

Jamie

Another option is Enterprise, who will pick you up from the pier and take you back, and have non-airport offices. We're staying in a hotel pre-cruise and don't want to go all the way to the airport, either. Enterprise will pick us up and deliver us back wherever we want to go, and we don't have to waste all that time going to the airport.

Jamie:

I saw your pics of the Grand Suite on the Caribbean Princess and have a few questions?

Is the bar I see free? I see soda cans and hard liquor. Or do you pay for each drink ie, honor bar?

Does the DVD/VCR work ok?

Is the PC/Internet connection free or do you have to pay per minute?

My wife and I booked a week in this suite in Sept 05.

Our agent has never been on this ship and didnt know any of the specifics.

Your pics were great and it is a beautiful suite. Can you tell us anymore that we need to know?

Thanks, Don

Don,

You will have an awesome time!!!! Let me see if I can answer your questions......

The bar is stocked with beer, small bottles of liquor, mixers and sparkling water. The big bottles of liquor, the wine and water bottles you saw on the bar were brought on board by us. We went for 2 weeks so we had a whole case of Chardonnay. We walked right on the ship carrying it in plain view and no one stopped us. The liquor was "smuggled" on board during port visits. OOPS - did I admit that?!?! :rolleyes:

The DVD/VCR works very well. And as you may have noticed, the TV is much larger than the normal cabin TV's.

I think you get free internet but am not totally sure because I am a Platinum cruiser and always get the time for free.

Other highlights --

The dining table was wonderful -- I was traveling in the suite with my folks and my sister, brother-in-law and niece were down the hall in another cabin. We had breakfast at the table on a few occasions.

The suite is SO big that we had plenty of space for 3 people.

The balcony is wonderful - HUGE!!! My Dad spent LOTS of time reading and watching the wake.

You will get priority dining reservations if you have anytime dining. BUT you have to remind them of this! :eek: If they tell you otherwise, just keep pressuring them and they give in.

Our room steward was OK -- not great which was surprising.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Jamie

Archived