Need HELP in New Orleans

:confused: My TA has provided us with a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise Chateau Lemoyne Hotel (Holiday Inn). We consist of 2 adults with a 17 year old spoiled (in the good sense of the word) granddaughter. If you have any information on this hotel it would be appreciated or on any others. We have never been to New Orleans. Have no idea (except the French Quarters) what to do, see and how far things are from each other.:confused: Do we need to rent a car?

Tripadvisor.com has a lot of information. You can look up your hotel and get reviews. There's also travel tips. Of course, go to the Ports of Call Boards....there's a New Orleans board with lots of great information too. New Orleans also has a tourist website but I don't have it handy (it's mentioned on the New Orleans boards sometimes, or you can just "google" it).

The location is excellent if you want to spend time in the French Quarter "partying"...but a distance from the docks. (Definately get a cab!)

One thing to remember about NO...ALL the hotels are old!! Given that..you have to appreciate the "charm" in them. My boss stayed here and LOVED it. Only thing I know of is elevator problems. But you are close enough to enjoy the French Quarter....but a block away to enjoy the quiet.

I think the 17 yo will be fine ANYWHERE in the French Quarter!

Deb

Archived