Miracle 4/29-5/7 WONDERFUL!!!!

eh24fan

We just got off the Miracle yesterday and it was a sad day. We LOVED our entire cruise. I'm not going to do an all out review with pics, etc. I just don't have that gift. LOL I'll just go over the basics. I will answer any questions that I can though.

Embarkation in NYC was a breeze. We got to the terminal around 1030am and were onboard by 1145am. We were traveling with a group of 12, so we sent the men and 2 kids to Horatio's to get seats and the women went to guest services. We wanted to get our balcony dividers opened up and I needed to set up our account with cash. That took about 10 mins and we were on our way.

Our rooms were 7238, 7236, 7232, and 2 more on the same side just can't remember the numbers. LOL They were in a GREAT location. Close to elevators. Our balcony was a wonderful asset. I can't imagine cruising without one. We sat out there every afternoon while the 3 yr old was napping, went out every morning as soon as we woke up to check out the view, watched docking/sailaway, etc etc.

The weather was beautiful! The day we left was a bit chilly and VERY VERY windy, meaning choppy water. Other than that, we couldn't have asked for a better cruise.

The ship was amazing. I can see why people love the Miracle so much. It was easy to navigate and we quickly learned our way around. It wasn't too big to seem impersonal but not too small. The buffet was great as long as we got there early for breakfast, as in 10 minutes before it opened and about 10 minutes before they started serving lunch. AFter that it was crowded and just a pain with 2 kids. LOL

The dining room was perfect. The food was excellent, our table was to the right and next to a porthole/window. Our servers were AMAZING. Headwaiter was Aleks and assistant waiter was Yra. They were so kind, personable, funny, efficient and just all around a joy to see each night. We saw them every morning in the Lido buffet as well. They were great with our kids and always willing to accommodate any special requests (not that we had many). By the end of the week, we were really sad to realize we probably won't see them again. My 3 yr old referred to them as his friends and couldn't wait for dinner each evening. Yra has a 4 yr old daughter and an 8 month old son, so he paid special attention to both of my boys, but the 3 yr old in particular. One of the drink servers, Sam, came over every single night just to see my boys, the little one in particular. She wasn't even in our section. LOL She just loved the little one. At the farewell party she even brought them sodas.

The crew were all friendly and kind everywhere we went. My boys had MANY pictures taken because they loved doing it, so they were all over the photo gallery. All week long people recognized them and complimented us on their pictures. One photographer in particular took a liking to the little one...her name is Rosie and she is from India. She couldn't get enough of him, even took him behind the counter with her to "work" one day for about 10 minutes and gave us an extra picture. She was adorable and sweet and he was sad to say goodbye.

The other passengers...well, we ran into many many rude people. At the first build a bear thing there was one family that seemed to think they could cut and butt in line and do whatever they wanted. In the end I had to inform them that we were NOT moving and they WOULD wait. In the buffet there were so many older women who would feign innocence to the long line already there and just walk up and try to get what they wanted. Ummm...no. I waited 10 minutes for these stinking pancakes and you will move to the back of the line, thanks. Don't get me started on the elevator stuffers. Seriously, on Grand Turk day there was a group that was on deck 2 and instead of walking down, insisted they were going to shove into our already full elevator. Crazy. However, MOST other passengers were kind and friendly. The few that were obviously not stood out though.

The ports were great, but we loved sea days the most. In San Juan we did a carriage ride, went back onboard for dinner, then got off to take pics of the ship all lit up. We watched a street artist painting with spray paint for about 30 minutes...he turned out a really cool portrait type painting in no time. In St. Thomas we took a taxi downtown in the morning to chekc out some shopping then did the Castaway Girl Barefoot snorkeling excursion, which was a lot of fun. In Grand Turk the big boys did the Dune Buggy tour, they LOVED it. The little guy and I hung out at the beach and Margaritaville. :)

Basically, the cruise was amazing. The food was great, crew was exceedingly good, room was great, balcony was INCREDIBLE...we can't wait to go again and my husband wants to go on the Miracle when we do go again. :)

Oh, and we took a small clip on fan, power strip AND extension cord...all made it on just fine. They were in my suitcase. Luggage was also locked with zipties, no issue there either.

So glad to hear a great review...we sail on her a week from today! We haven't been on her yet, but have sailed the Legend twice, and I agree that the layout is great. Also agree with the balcony...don't think I can sail without one anymore. Did you bring any sodas on board? If so, did you carry them on or check them? Did you smuggle anything?;)

No, we didn't take any sodas or smuggle. We had enough to carry between 2 adults, a 9yr old and a 3 yr old. LOL By the end of the week I was wishing I'd smuggled a lot because I needed it..the kids were driving us nuts. A bit too much family togetherness. LOL Actually, it wasn't that bad. :)

I'm jealous you will be on her soon. We truly were sad to leave...there were actual tears and not just from the emotional mom. I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus here, but the other adult in our family was SAD. :)

I know the feeling of being sad leaving the cruise...it stinks! But just makes you hurry up and figure out how to book the next one in a hurry!;)

We're bringing all 4 of our (grown) kids, plus 2 spouses, and my Dad on this one. First cruise for all of them. (That's why I'm smuggling...LOL!)

So glad you had a great time! Don't hesitate to try the Legend...she is a wonderful ship and the Western Caribbean itinerary is awesome:D

Sounds wonderful! We did "Miracle" last month, and can't wait to go again, so we rebooked for November of 2010! So happy your experience on this great ship was so much like ours.

"SKY"

we will also be on here in a week, did your kids go to the clubs, we are sailing with a 3 yo and 6yo.....how was the 3 yo and the railings??

We were on the Miracle last October and absolutely love this ship. We are going back again this October for her first run back to Aruba. You hit it right on when you commented on how friendly the staff is. The small size allows for a more intimate relationship with passengers. Did you book the Dune Buggy excursion through Carnival?

we will also be on here in a week, did your kids go to the clubs, we are sailing with a 3 yo and 6yo.....how was the 3 yo and the railings??

No, the kids stayed with us and the grandparents...3 sets went with us. LOL Our oldest is 9 1/2 and he had no interest in Camp Carnival, but that's just the way he is. He has never been a "joiner" so to speak, he'd rather hang out with the adults or kids he has known forever. The 3 yr old wanted to be where his big brother was...sooooo. LOL

The railings were no problem with either kid. The only time he did anything was when he tried to climb the decorative railing on the 3rd floor of the atrium...he was trying to get Rosie's attention. LOL

We were on the Miracle last October and absolutely love this ship. We are going back again this October for her first run back to Aruba. You hit it right on when you commented on how friendly the staff is. The small size allows for a more intimate relationship with passengers. Did you book the Dune Buggy excursion through Carnival?

Yes, it was the dune buggy tour through Carnival. From our group, my husband, 9yr old, stepfather and mother went on that tour. The old folks shopped and went back to the ship. The 3yr old and I had a mommy/Carson day. :) They highly recommend the tour...they being my guys. They LOVED it and deemed it the best part of the cruise.

We had a group of 10 on same cruise and it was Great!!

The service on Carnival is above expectation! We had Clarence and Romeo in dining room, they were fantastic. We all gained weight:eek:

Spacious rooms,loved balcony,good food, bed was more comfortable than at home.

The only issues we saw were pool chair savers. One group of four ladies put towels on the chairs at 1000 and the nerve to not come back poolside until 200. I can see leaving for an hour to go eat but beyond that towels should be removed.

A.A. and "Sunami" best poolside attendants:D

If I can figure out how to post pics I will, took almost 300

Yes, it was the dune buggy tour through Carnival. From our group, my husband, 9yr old, stepfather and mother went on that tour. The old folks shopped and went back to the ship. The 3yr old and I had a mommy/Carson day. :) They highly recommend the tour...they being my guys. They LOVED it and deemed it the best part of the cruise.

Thanks for the info - sounds like you had a great time! :D how old do you have to be for the dune buggy excursion? we have ages 16,15,10 and 7. Do you know the travel time from the ship? :)

Can't wait for July 10! Can you tell me a little about the TVs on Miracle? If we brought a small DVD player and cords can we hook up to the cabin TV? We will be with our then-8 month old and I foresee some movie watching while he naps... thanks!

Don't think they have tvs that you can hook up a dvd player to. I know some others have tried and say you can't. I don't remember if they do or not. They do play some movies on the tv that they rerun. We will be on the week before you so we can let you know.

We will be going on our first Carnival Cruise in June. We arrive back in NYC at 8 am (on a Friday). We will be going to Penn station to get a train home. How is debarkation? Would we be able to arrive at Penn for an 11:30 train? I know it's not very far so am guessing we could make it but would like some 'expertise'. Thanks for the help. We're looking forward to trying Carnival.

my family and i are also going july 10th. We went the same time last year, same boat, and itinerary. Safe to say we loved it that much, this time bringing 3 family members along. Question though? We had Josh last year as CD, how was malcolm?

Thanks for the info - sounds like you had a great time! :D how old do you have to be for the dune buggy excursion? we have ages 16,15,10 and 7. Do you know the travel time from the ship? :)

I'm pretty sure you need to be at least 18 to drive one? I'm honestly not sure, but it should tell you on the shore excursion website. My 9 1/2 year old son was a passenger with my husband, but I'm not sure what age you need to be to actually go along. Sorry. The dune buggy's were within walking distance from the port area...they didn't have to travel anywhere to get there.

We had a fantastic time! And the dune buggy tour got HUGE thumbs up from my guys. :)

We will be going on our first Carnival Cruise in June. We arrive back in NYC at 8 am (on a Friday). We will be going to Penn station to get a train home. How is debarkation? Would we be able to arrive at Penn for an 11:30 train? I know it's not very far so am guessing we could make it but would like some 'expertise'. Thanks for the help. We're looking forward to trying Carnival.

We did regular debarkation, not self assist. We were zone 10 and got off around 945 or so. It wasn't bad, finding our bags in the chaos wasn't fun though. If we hadn't had so many between us and the kids, we would have done self-assist.

As far as the train, I have no idea. We had a bus our group had rented that met us there. Sorry!!

my family and i are also going july 10th. We went the same time last year, same boat, and itinerary. Safe to say we loved it that much, this time bringing 3 family members along. Question though? We had Josh last year as CD, how was malcolm?

I'll be honest, we didn't pay a bit of attention to the CD. I guess Malcolm was fine, but we didn't really care. LOL I mean, we just did our thing. I don't know what makes a CD good or bad because we didn't participate in things like the Hairy Chest contest, poolside games, etc. We did see him do the Love & Marriage thing and he was pretty funny.

Archived