Worried about this volcanic Ash Cloud

We used to have one of those Lloyds TSB premier accounts when we lived in the UK, but never had to use the travel insurance, so don't know if it's any good. IIRC it was an OK policy - we cancelled our normal travel insurance & just had that one.

I found the UK & ROI booking conditions on the Royal Caribbean website - cancel within 5 days of sailing & it's 100% cancellation charge! :eek:

1.10 If I have to cancel my cruise holiday, will I receive a refund?

If you or anybody travelling with you wishes to cancel either your/their holiday, you must contact us (if booking direct) or your travel agent and give notice in writing using registered mail or e-mail to ensure safe receipt of the cancellation letter. The holiday will only be cancelled on the date we receive the written notice of cancellation. Generally if you cancel you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out below:

5 days or less 100%

6 to 14 days 90%

15 - 28 days 75%

29 - 56 days 50%

57 days or more Deposit only (£150 per person)

However today I am feeling positive that there will be no issues with transatlantic flights other than maybe a few hours delay.

Think we are all going to be fine HOWEVER, Virgin flight to Vegas and another to Orlando are delayed by 6 hours due to the Ash. If that happens tto us that means we will land at Newark at 1AM instead on 7PM. As long as we get on that ship that's all that matters.

Lets hope RCCL will.

If you booked the cruise, cruise care and air with them they will give you a 100% refund to be used towards a future cruise.

If you booked the cruise and cruise care with RC they will give you 75% back in the form of a future cruise certificate.

If you booked your cruise with a TA they will give you 50% back to be used towards a future cruise.

This is what they offered us when we could not go due to the ash cloud.

We had to cancel due to the ashcloud on 18th of april. RCI gave us a 100% refund to use another time. We had booked the flight on our own.

We had to cancel due to the ashcloud on 18th of april. RCI gave us a 100% refund to use another time. We had booked the flight on our own.

I have just bookmarked this page in case I should need it for future reference thank you ;)

Archived