Trinkets for Cruise members

Wow thats old school! Dare I say I remember those days? :eek:

If 7 apples cost 53 cents and a person buys 3 apples, how much do you charge him?

And you have to do it in your head while there is a long line waiting to check out.

DON

Back in 1975, our 2 boys were 14 and 15. At any given time there were 5 or 6 teeners in our house. Our grocery bill then was in excess of $800.00 per month. I took note one day while checking out at the store. In those days the checkers looked at the price and punched it in to the register. No 'bar code' readers then. So I liked to use one guy that was super fast. He checks out our purchases and says, "$189.50" "See you tomorrow!!!!!"

That's when I added up the checks to the grocery store and CLOSED the 'club house!":D

sounds like my house. I never know how many are staying for dinner..:)

Originally Posted by dan40 View Post

In those days the checkers looked at the price and punched it in to the register. No 'bar code' readers then.

Wow thats old school! Dare I say I remember those days? :eek:

And, they did it all with a smile. :)

So Trinkets would be brought from home? Something to give a crewmember to remember you by? At least that's the thought....so here is an idea...buy postcards from your hometown and write the thank you note on it and give cash...I think I may like that idea better than a generic thank you card.

An no I never considered schlepping loads of trinkets from my hometown for "people"...but I think I may like the postcard idea....

Anyway this is a very entertaining thread!!

My bank is giving away golf balls. Wonder if room stewards would appreciate some golf balls and tees?

At least they take up less space than soccer balls (which they would probably like) or dodge balls.

DON

• 4 weeks later...

I came out against the trinkets earlier, but just returned from the TA NCL Epic.

One night I gave the other couple's wife a funny blinking ring and wore one myself. (I had brought a bunch on the trip, mostly for July 4th in NYC.) The maitre d' (female) oohed and ahhed so next time she came by I gave it to her and she went around showing it off and dancing with it.

Then the waitress seemed jealous, so I pulled out one from my bag for her too and she pranced around.

I started to wear one every night and give "magic rings" to various kids who seemed captivated. I hear they were a hit in the children's playroom.

These are soft rings with stretchy bands from http://www.blinkyflashylights.com. And they were also a big hit in NY. I found they are much more fun to give away than wear!

Archived