2 days in Quebec City-what's a girl to do?

We will be arriving in Quebec City at 1p on a Monday, and leave the next day around 4. What would you recommend we try to see in that time period? It will be our first trip, and we are so looking forward to it.

This will be in Sept, if there are seasonal things that should be included.

Thanks!

I agree, we had an overnight (on the ship) before leaving the following day on a 2wk southbound Canada/New England Repo cruise. There is plenty to do/see in Quebec City. First off, it is absolutely spectacular architecture, with all of the old buildings etc. We easily spent the two days and didn't even near cover everything we wanted to see. Be sure and grab some local food and also go to the 'sugar shack' where they have the maple syrup etc. I don't think you will have any trouble finding things to do once you are there.

We are staying overnight at the Comfort Inn near Old QC. They advertise it is walking distance to town and the falls. Has anyone stayed there? We will be there Oct. 3. Will the trees be colorful at this time?

We are staying overnight at the Comfort Inn near Old QC. They advertise it is walking distance to town and the falls. Has anyone stayed there? We will be there Oct. 3. Will the trees be colorful at this time?

Nothing is walking distance to both - they're too far apart, and the road that links them is a highway. If it's the Comfort Inn I'm thinking of, it's essentially halfway between the 2 off of said highway. Not a bad location (on the river I think), but certainly not walking distance to much.

I'm seeing a price of $109 for your date. I personally would look at spending a little more and stay more in town. I'm seeing the Courtyard by Marriott at $139 for that night (goes down to $132 if you're over 62 :D). Very nice location, very new hotel, and a very good deal for that time of the year.

I would stay at one of the small hotels IN the walled city... they are so charming and walking distance to upper and lower town.. I usually stay at Chateau de Pierre in Genevieve Street but there are others that you could get for the same price.. I checked 3 and all were between 85-115 US dollars.. IMHO staying in the older part of town makes the trip.

If you are there for 2 days you can grab a local van tour to Montmorency Falls and onto Ile de Orleans for a sugar shack lunch and beautiful drive.. whether leaves will have turned is just weather luck.. might be by then though if they have a cool fall.

Ancient Canadien is wonderful old restaurant, oldest in North America, that has fixed price menu for lunch that almost mimics the evening menu.. great atmosphere and plenty of traditional food.

Lots of antique shops etc in area near where your ship docks.. If they have changing of the guard at fortress till and you are there it's worth checking out.

Taking new DH there for first time in September on Norwegian Jewel but I'm sure we will be back for a longer visit.. one of my favorite places... can you tell:rolleyes:

I would stay at one of the small hotels IN the walled city... they are so charming and walking distance to upper and lower town.. I usually stay at Chateau de Pierre in Genevieve Street but there are others that you could get for the same price.. I checked 3 and all were between 85-115 US dollars.. IMHO staying in the older part of town makes the trip.

Good find - I was rushed yesterday and already on the Marriott site, but if the price is the same or cheaper definitely stay in a small place in the walled city. I've never been inside the Chateau de Pierre, but my aunt used to live in the building beside, and her deck had a view of the lovely courtyard garden...:)

Archived