How hard is it to change a booking name?

chicopaige

Does anyone know what the charge would be for a 3rd person dropping out after final payment?

For this cruise they are only charging the 3rd person taxes and fees. My niece is traveling with her mother and would like to bring along a friend.

Would my sister only lose the taxes and fees she paid or is there a penalty too if this friend changes her mind?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

I had to do this once with a similar booking (third passenger taxes and fees only) on another cruise line and all of the taxes were refunded after the cruise (the third passenger was simply put as a no show), which I think fully refunded that portion of the fare. If there was a fee or something not refunded, it wasn't much, probably less than $20. There was no penalty. I can't speak for HAL but that was our experience with a similar cancellation.

I had to do this once with a similar booking (third passenger taxes and fees only) on another cruise line and all of the taxes were refunded after the cruise (the third passenger was simply put as a no show), which I think fully refunded that portion of the fare. If there was a fee or something not refunded, it wasn't much, probably less than $20. There was no penalty. I can't speak for HAL but that was our experience with a similar cancellation.

Thank you for your response. Maybe HAL has the same policy. Then again, maybe everything will go as planned, but good to know your options!

You or your TA should call HAL and press the issue. We had a similar challenge on Princess four years ago where we needed to change a name within the cancellation window on a 7 day Carib. trip. The charge ended up being a very reasonable amount, I think $25. Our travel insurance actually picked up the bill when we made a claim.

Archived