What is FCC

flimflubin

Since I'm new to crusing I would like to ask a question that my AAA agent not understanding. I've seen on this site a lot of people taking about FCC. I take it that FCC= future cruise credit? I went to princes websiTe and didnt see anything that states FCC. However, I read info about a future cruise consultant. So my question is if I"m taking a 10 day cruise will I get points towards my next cruise? What is FCC all about?

Thanks

An FCC is a future cruise credit you purchase onboard a sailing (it can only be purchased while onboard another princess cruise). It is priced at $100 per person and is your total deposit on your next voyage (except for world cruises or world cruise segments, they are the only ones that you can not use an FCC for). This is your total deposit due and they are valid for 4 years from date of purchase. When used (you can either book a future cruise onboard, or wait until later to make your choice), you will also receive shipboard credit depending on the length of sailing, and type of cabin booked.

The cruise you are about to take will give you one cruise credit toward your status in the Captain's Circle, and 10 sea days towards your status. If you look on the Princess website, it will explain what benefits you receive as you add more days or cruises to your status on Princess. Enjoy!

Also, be aware that if you do not use your FCC in the 4 year period it will be refunded to you! It really is a no-lose situation in my opinion. (Unless Princess went out of business of course.)

You can also purchase as many FCC's as you would like. If you book more than 1 cruise at a time, it's something to consider.

so the 200.00 will not be applied towards the balance?

The FCC purchase amount is your deposit and goes towards the price of the cruise like any other deposit. The fun part is in ADDITION you get an onboard credit (OBC) on your account to spend on the cruise! This amount varies depending on the length of the cruise and the type of room you book. Ex.: If you book an inside room on a 7 night cruise you get $50 OBC (per cabin, not per person), but if you book the same cruise in an outside cabin you would get $100 OBC per cabin. The amount goes even higher if you book a longer cruise!

The fun part is in ADDITION you get an onboard credit (OBC) on your account to spend on the cruise! This amount varies depending on the length of the cruise and the type of room you book. Ex.: If you book an inside room on a 7 night cruise you get $50 OBC (per cabin, not per person), but if you book the same cruise in an outside cabin you would get $100 OBC per cabin. The amount goes even higher if you book a longer cruise!

Actually, the OBC is per person for each of the first two people in a cabin who used an FCC.

7-9 day cruise $25 inside $50 outside (so if both people used an FCC, the totals would be $50 and $100 as indicated above).

10-15 day cruise $75 inside $100 outside

16+ day cruise $125 inside $150 outside

The FCCs must be in the names of the passengers being booked. When you purchase FCCs when onboard, they can only be brought in the names of people who are actually on the ship.

We in the UK don't get FCCs. We can pick up a letter while onboard (or maybe an email now from what I have read??) that has a reference number on to quote when booking the next Princess cruise. This entitles you to OBC depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise and a £75 pp deposit. I am surprsied how many TAs have NOT even heard of this when I want to book my next cruise!

I have now got wise to asking for two letters - one in my name and one in my DHs. That way we can get this offer for the next 2 cruises that we book.

OMG!! all the cruises i have gone on,saw this and just kept walking...Dumb!!Thought it was people just booking other cruises!Have to learn to ask.and to think we just booked for next April 2011.I know where i will be heading the first day on board since i already know we r going again in 2012.:eek::o:mad::(:)

I know where i will be heading the first day on board since i already know we r going again in 2012.:eek::o:mad::(:)

By the way, unless you want to, you do not need to speak to the Future Cruise Consultant.

There will be a form to fill out that you can deposit in a box outside his/her office.

Take a copy of the form with you so you will be familiar with the details.

Archived