Which Hotel in Sydney

trvlnliz

Hi,

If you have a chance to stay at the Observatory, I'd suggest you stay there. It is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The size of the bathroom alone is worth it.

I used to live in Sydney and stayed at the Observatory for my honeymoon.

You can walk to quite a few places from there and the train is a very easy and cheap way to get around.

Hope you have a great time in my home away from home.

Paula

• 1 month later...

Park Hyatt at the Rocks. Its a top notch hotel in a superb position overlooking the Opera House, the Cruise Wharf and the Harbour. Its at water level and very memorable. The price is reasonable for the quality- if you are using points its even better!

Does anyone know anything about the Hilton? It is still under renovation until July, but we would like to use points for it next April. Are there any problems with it or it's location?:confused:

If you are still looking Stanthos, the Hilton reopens next week after a 30 month closure and a full renovation costing over $A200 million. It is a central city location, near everything and no problems. It is a business hotel. A travel industry colleague inspected it last week and said it is magnificent.

www.hiltonsydney.com.au I'd keep an eye on Trip Advisor to see what those who stay there say in the coming weeks and months.

Personally love the Park Hyatt at the Rocks. Rooms are not huge but the view is to die for. Be aware you can get rooms with limited views so double check when you book what you are getting. Sue

I too love the Park Hyatt. You're right there amongst the bustle of Circular Quay. Its great for people watching, boat watching and the Opera House is right there, almost in your face! Walking distance to attractions and transport.

It's almost under the Harbour Bridge. The rooms are double glazed; when you step inside from your balcony and close the door, it's blissfully quiet.

Well worth the expense for a special occasion. (I think visiting Sydney counts as a special occasion :) )

ParkHyattSydney_H.jpg

I have a lot of Hyatt gold points and they recommend their hotel on the Rocks. Has anyone had any experience with it as it converts to about $300+ US $ per night.:confused:

Park Hyatt is definitely worth it ONLY if you get an Opera House view. If not, I would skip it.

Jane

Archived