Hilton Marina, Ft. Lauderdale

Does the font look big? Huh? On my screen it's the same size as all of the other posts. Confused ???

Westin Beach Resort. Are there restaurants close by? A convenience store for water?

Now your font is regular sized. Thank you.

My husband & I flew into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise and stayed at the Hilton FLL Marina. The hotel was lovely, clean and the staff friendly. We had a tower room with a balcony - great view of the yachts. Our expedia rate included breakfast. The water taxi was a 2-minute walk from the hotel. We didn’t go far, just 2 stops to Las Olas Blvd. Went for a walk and had dinner at Mango’s. Very good and reasonable. $50 included each of us having a cocktail. On Sunday we got a taxi at 11:45 and asked the driver to stop at Walgreen’s – picked up 2 bottles of wine, soda and hubby bought a few packs of cigarettes.

We thought this hotel was great and so close to the ship.

We stayed at the Hilton in April and would do so again. View was breathtaking and so exciting to watch the ships early morning docking and leaving. Didn't experience anything "bad" as other reviews have stated. Water Taxi was great, Walgreens about 2 blocks away and Bimini Boatyard was our favorite. proximity to airport, about 10 min. from hotel and took less than 5 min. to port!!!

We can stay at a Hilton or the Westin as we have HHonor points and also Starwood. Right now I have a room at both reserved. We leaning toward Embassy Suites because I read a post saying there wasn't much of anything around the Westin. We also want to pick up water, etc. We're planning on taking the water taxi to do a little sightseeing. From the list of restaurants, which one would you recommendation for a casual atmosphere, quick hamburger or maybe fish tacos (and a margarita???)

Near ES, Quarterdeck or Duffy's.

Does the font look big? Huh? On my screen it's the same size as all of the other posts. Confused ???

Westin Beach Resort. Are there restaurants close by? A convenience store for water?

The closest good restaurants are Casablanca Cafe (recommended), Shula's, and Steak 954. Keep walking south on A1A and you'll run into lots of casual restaurants about 6 blocks away. There is a CVS a few blocks south in Beach Place. There is a full service Starbucks at the Westin and they sell bottled water.

Archived