What kind of food is served on Lido deck buffet?

mlyn

We will be cruising on the Fascination in July. I have heard a lot about the food served in the MDR, but not much information about what kind of food is on the Lido deck buffet. I assume it changes from day to day, but just wanted to get an idea.:)

We will be cruising on the Fascination in July. I have heard a lot about the food served in the MDR, but not much information about what kind of food is on the Lido deck buffet. I assume it changes from day to day, but just wanted to get an idea.:)

I've only been one one cruise, on the Conquest, and the food was great. Once, in the mid afternoon, we walked through the Lido deck and there was a chocolate buffet. Miles of everything chocolate! I don't know if this is still done as this was almost 5 years ago, but it was one of the on board highlights of the trip.

I like the buffet for dinner sometimes. It's quiet up there at suppertime. Very relaxing on a cruise with a lot of ports.

I also like the MDR for lunch for the same reason. It's always good to get away from all.those.people.

On the Fantasy, the Lido restaurant always had a good variety of things. Large salad bar, deserts, etc. Usually at least one entree without meat, several meat dishes, casseroles, seafood, etc. More than enough food so that we have never been bored with the choices.

On our March cruise on Glory, lunch & dinner always seemed to have a salad bar, multiple offerings of fish & meats (usually a carving station also with ham or turkey or roast beef), various vegetable dishes, and different starches (potatoes, rice, pasta). We would even see some of the items from the MDR menu on the Lido dinner buffet. The vegetable lasagna was one such offering.

We were on Fascination 2 weeks ago (sigh... miss it).

Breakfast: eggs, bacon, hash browns, omelette station. yogurt and fresh fruit and various pastries.

For lunch: We mostly ate at the outdoor grill on Lido (Burgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders) or the Deli at the back of the Coconut Grove inside buffet (pastrami on rye, how I miss you!). I did try the Mongolian line a the outdoor grill. Was good, but all the sauces were a little spicy for me. Other options inside Coconut Grill buffet were salad bar (good w/some fruit choices) and the hot buffet line with a wide variety of choices - we saw chicken parm, various noodle dishes, various potatoes and veggies, etc. They have two lines on either side of the coconut grove and I saw the same choices on each.

There is also a huge dessert station in the middle of Coconut Grove, in addition to self service ice cream. The Pizzaria and Deli are in the back and both are great options and never too bad of lines that we saw.

Hope this helps.

Archived