Dinning room attire

I just got back and yes capris are fine. I wore a pair, and jeans and even shorts after I saw several people wearing shorts and nobody ever said anything. I think as long as you look "put together" you're fine. If you have MTD ask for Rachelle to serve you...she is awesome!!!

My advice is to save the capris for your excursions and to instead, dress yourself up to the nines every single night. A nice sundress along with bling would be much more appropriate on non-formal nights than short pants.

There is a real sense of elegance in the dining rooms especially with the large chandeliers overhead and just with the overall ambience. You don't have to wear an evening gown every night but I really do believe that everyone should be looking exceptionally nice.

The men in my party always wore slacks, khakis, pressed dress shirts and/or oxfords on non-formal nights. And the women always wore beautiful summery dresses. Sequins were worn on both formal and non-formal nights and were never out of place.

We were also happy to see strict enforcement of the rules banning hats, shorts and the like.

We did the MTD on the 5/8-15 sailing and we did see a few older men in shorts, not the children. While most of the people were rather dressy there were a few in the 5th deck dining room in shorts and they were not turned away.

On regular dinning nights - are nice capri allowed to be worn by women?

I bought 2 nice dress pairs to wear and hoping that with a nice top will be permitted.

I've been on 20 cruises and have often worn and seen other women wear capris in the Main Dining on non-formal nights. Wear your capri's, I'm sure you'll look and feel great!

On regular dinning nights - are nice capri allowed to be worn by women?

I bought 2 nice dress pairs to wear and hoping that with a nice top will be permitted.

Oh Yeah I wore capri's all the time, I had dressy ones for the Friday night before the last night of formal too... Anything except shorts and flip flops they do not allow this, but I have seen everything from halter tops to practically everything hanging out with the gals. mostly men were dressed in a nice shirt long sleeves open collars and women with tank tops or dresses. even capri's... no one questioned that:p

I am also wearing my dressy capri's that have flip flops all over them. Wear what you want to and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. It is your cruise also and you should wear what you feel comfortable in. I am going on the Oasis of the Seas tomorrow and my husband and I are planning on eating in the Main Dining Room during our cruise. We are not bringing any formal wear, but nice dressy clothes. If anyone gives us the stare, we will just ask them what their problem is? We have been on 8 cruises and sometimes people that are all dressed up in "formal wear" sometimes look worse then the people that are not dressed up as nice. I have seen plenty of women who have stuffed thereselves into skimpy little dresses that are like 3 times too small and men who wear tux to snug. So your going to see all types of things. Just remember life is too short so go have fun on your cruise!!!

Archived