Been there done that! Something different needed

new kiwi girl

Hope I don't offend anyone with my title, as I was trying to think of something that gets my problem across.

Just a little background first. We are a party of six, ranging in age from 56 to 70, and I have had both knees replaced that aren't so hot yet.

Have been to Monte Carlo, St Paul de Vence, Grasse, Nice and Rothschild gardens, and sure can't do Eze with my knees. So we are wondering where else our group of art and history buffs can go.

We are looking at hiring a private car for 1/2 day, ( tender in at noon and dont relish driving those windy roads in the dark, as not much to see I would think) and possibly seeing Vence and La Turbie. Does anyone have any more ideas. We are not adverse to hiring a car either just thought if parking is an issue that would resolve it and plus hopefully driver can get me close so I don't waste my energy just getting out of the parking lot.

If anyone can help me, it will be much appreciated. Thank you

Art fans can go to Cagnes sur mer west of Cannes for Renoir's winter home. The church in the port at Villefranche was designed by Jacques Cocteau at the request so the story goes of the local bishop.

Eze once you are there is not a particularly hard place on the knees, just trying to walk up. Drive and you are golden.

In Vence, go to the Matisse church- Chapelle du Rosaire. They sell postcards of the windows- great souvenirs. The drive along the Gorges du Loup is scenic if you are wanting low key. We enjoyed the Picasso Museum in Antibes as well. Have a great trip.

Another option is the Greek Villa Kerylos. This is a recreation of an acient greek villa with great mosiacs and furnishings. A free audio guide is provided with admission and provides lots of info on Greek myths and history. Beautiful setting and if your knees are up to it there is a nice flat walk along the water to St. Jean that you could take afterwards. Ask for a map at the ticket counter.

http://www.villa-kerylos.com/en/kerylos

• 2 weeks later...
Another option is the Greek Villa Kerylos. This is a recreation of an acient greek villa with great mosiacs and furnishings. A free audio guide is provided with admission and provides lots of info on Greek myths and history. Beautiful setting and if your knees are up to it there is a nice flat walk along the water to St. Jean that you could take afterwards. Ask for a map at the ticket counter.

http://www.villa-kerylos.com/en/kerylos

I don't see a link there for an English translation. :(

Archived