United Parking POM - Not A Good Experience.

deej696

So here's the background to the story...

We just returned from a 9 nt B2B on the Destiny. We usually leave our car at a friends house in Miami, and they pick us up from the port. Our friends had to go out of town during our cruise, so we elected to book at United for the last 2 days (Sat-Mon). I booked it on the United website, and sent my friend with a copy of the confirmation just in case.

When she arrived at the garage, she was told by the attendant that there was a 3 day minimum AND she wouldnt be able to leave the car till after noon. Obviously, the 3 day minimum was not disclosed as they let me book the 2 days on the website with no problem. Second, I had reserved an 8am arrival specifically because my friend had a flight, and dropping after noon was out of the question. When asked what her options were, the attendant simply replied "I dont care where you park, but its not gonna be here."

My friend took the car to POM instead. Its worth noting that the reason we didnt have her do this in the first place, was the consensus here on CC was that POM would require full prepayment for whatever cruise was leaving that day. As it turns out, in garage D you pull a ticket and pay for however many days when you depart. Turned out to be the same price as I paid for United.

I've emailed and called United Parking today with no response. I'll give them till tomorrow before disputing the charge on my Amex. This is simply an FYI of who you are dealing with for anyone considering using them. I know if I paid for a week of parking, only to show up at 10am and be told I have to come back after noon that it would not be how I'd want my cruise to start.

United Parking is an "information source" that puts you in touch with a local lot. They disclaim all responsibility for anything that may happen at the lot A terrible business model, in my opinion.

Archived