What r some tricks to getting wrinkles out of your clothes without travel steamers?

Elmo31

Since I can't use the steamer I plan on cranking the shower on as hot as it goes putting my clothes in the bathroom and coming back in 20 minutes. Wasteful sure, but they put us in this position.

they ''' put you in that position ''' :rolleyes:. not when there are irons on each deck in the laundry you can use. or do like the rest of us and '' try '' to pack your clothes better. excuses, excuses for being wasteful.

The single best tip I've gotten from these boards is using dry cleaner bags for your hang up clothes. It truely works. Didn't need to steam, iron or wrinkle release anything that had been packed with the bags. The slipperiness of the bags allows movement in the suitcase so they don't just get all bunched up and wrinkled. It is cheap, cheap, cheap and just flat out works.

I took Wrinkle Release with me on our cruise, but I must not have sprayed enough or something because it didn't seem to work well at all. One problem was the ship had those fit in the grove in the closet hangers, so it was hard to decide how to place the garment to spray it. Do you take your own hangers ?

I will have to try it at home to get used to how much to use. Thanks for the tips. All other tips will be appreciated.

It helps if you spray the clothing outside of the closet singlely and pull the item down just a tad to stretch it out. One at a time. Then hang them in the closet afterwards.

I believe Downy Wrinkle Releaser is just scented water...

I bring a small empty spray bottle. Fill it with water in the room. Hang clothes, spray lightly with water. Gently stretch most wrinkles out. Wait for the item to dry. Usually all wrinkles are gone in 30 minutes. Some tough wrinkles may need a second go at it.

I use this method at home all the time with clothes if I don't get around to hanging them the minute the dryer stops.

Taking an empty water bottle is way easier and cheaper than taking a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

You can't use this method (or Wrinkle Releaser either) on any item that is dry clean only (formal wear, for example). One time I sprayed a cotton/rayon skirt that was dry clean only on the label, but I forgot it couldn't be washed...I sprayed it and the colors ran. Oops.

Love the Downy Wrinkle remover...My kids all go to private school with uniforms that have to looked cleaned & pressed. They have no clue how to use an iron....They come up to me, arms out and say "Iron me!" :)

DH travels globally as well and packs the travel size version when he goes...

For vacation, it works fine for me...just be carefully of certain types of fabrics...may stain.....

I have always used a hang-up bag for the good clothes. And I've heard that wrapping in tissue before putting the item in the dry cleaner bag totally eliminates wrinkles. So this time I will tissue, bag and habg-up my good stuff.

2004 Imagination, 2006 Holiday, 2007 Triumph, 2008 Destiny, 2009 Spirit

June 12, 2010 Triumph Working hard for Platinum

I love wrinkle release and use it on many things, but it will spot formal clothing. I once used it on my husband's dress shirts (cotten, not silk or polyester or anything) on a cruise and it caused several dark spots. Thankfully they were in areas that were covered by his jacket, and they came out once I washed them at home, but after that I made sure just to use the ship's ironing service for things like that.

they ''' put you in that position ''' :rolleyes:. not when there are irons on each deck in the laundry you can use. or do like the rest of us and '' try '' to pack your clothes better. excuses, excuses for being wasteful.

WOW!!!!?????:rolleyes:

Archived