OMG... Early Saver! How OBSESSED do you become???

Just want to make sure I am understanding this.. We have an 8B upgraded to an 8K.. If I see that price drop I put in a claim correct? Next to our rate there is a little 8B with an arrow pointing to an 8K.. I wait for that to drop correct?

I'm part of a group of eight who have four cabins booked in December on a Triumph five nighter. We all booked separately using ES and between us we've saved well over $1,000 total on three different price drops.

I was the one who did the checking, and every time the price dropped I'd alert the others in the group to fill out their forms.

That's a whole lot of DODs. I love me some free money!

Just want to make sure I am understanding this.. We have an 8B upgraded to an 8K.. If I see that price drop I put in a claim correct? Next to our rate there is a little 8B with an arrow pointing to an 8K.. I wait for that to drop correct?

Hey there...I want to hear a full explanation on it too, cause we went ahead and booked an 8K.

If I can claim on your level price with the upgrade to mine, I'd like to if possible...if not no big deal cause as it stands right now, we are still higher than when I booked it.

Hey there...I want to hear a full explanation on it too, cause we went ahead and booked an 8K.

If I can claim on your level price with the upgrade to mine, I'd like to if possible...if not no big deal cause as it stands right now, we are still higher than when I booked it.

Hey Wone.. My cruise buddy for August.. :D

Ok so you are an 8K also? If I am understanding it correctly, from the reps that seem to know what they are talking about, if my 8K drops I can submit a form.. My confusion is coming from this.. Like right now I see an 8D upgraded to an 8K.. That price is higher then ours, but what if THAT price were to drop below our price? Do we still get it because it is an 8K either way? We are an 8B-8K so is that the only time we can claim it.. SO confused still...!!!!!

I booked our Triumph cruise on a Wed. and the price dropped on Sun. and again on Mon., we got a $100 credit. That was right before the ES dropped off and since then the price has gone up but there are more rates available, like past guest, and over 55. Before I booked I thought people were crazy for checking 3 times a day but now I do that. I couldn't believe when I saw the first price drop. We could have upgraded but I like the cabin we are in and I'd rather have the credit than a cabin on Lido, we have an 8B and I am hoping for more price drops. Plus I had a future cruise certifcate, so that was a $100 credit and a $100 OBC, which has already been applied.

Is anyone else having a problem getting responses from Carnival? I am using a TA, so I can't fill in the form myself. She submitted one for me last thursday and said she got an email saying the form was received. But never got a response as to wether the form was approved or not. I asked her to resubmit a few days ago, which she did, and still have not gotten any word back from carnival.

So far I have saved $30 pp and the price drop I am trying to get approved is another $20 pp. Hopefully, I will hear back soon.

I checked a lot at first, then kind of slacked off. This thread made me remember to check, and it's $100 lower! So I submitted the form and am waiting with crossed fingers. I had the problem with the dashes in the phone number too - but it just gave me an error message saying the phone number was incorrect. Didn't tell me to remove the dashes, so I just sort of figured that out.

If I haven't paid yet (besides a deposit) will my balance be reduced by $100, or is the difference always applied to OBC?

I checked a lot at first, then kind of slacked off. This thread made me remember to check, and it's $100 lower! So I submitted the form and am waiting with crossed fingers. I had the problem with the dashes in the phone number too - but it just gave me an error message saying the phone number was incorrect. Didn't tell me to remove the dashes, so I just sort of figured that out.

If I haven't paid yet (besides a deposit) will my balance be reduced by $100, or is the difference always applied to OBC?

If it's before final payment is should reduce your price by that amount. If after payment it would give you OBC.

They will reduce the balance.. ;)

Okay, we booked one of our rooms with the military rate. Other room was at regular rate at the time. Published rates are no lower than when we bought and we've already paid in full (40 days to cruise). We were told we couldn't do early saver AND military rate. Should I be checking price drops (there has been one). Don't these price drop things just apply when you've purchased via the early saver promo? I'm a bit confused, but if there's a way I can get some OBC, I'm willing to do it!

When you book Early Saver you're not only concerned with drops in the Early Saver Rate itself (which goes away in 3 months cruises 5 days or less and in 5 months cruises 6 days or more) but you also want to monitor drops for any rates that you're eligible for, including the FunSelect Rate, Past Guest Rate (if you're a Past guest), the 55+ Rate (if you're 55+), the Resident Rate for your State of Residence, and the Military Rate (if you're military eligible). If the Past Guest rate drops below your current ES rate, and you’re a Past Guest, you get that rate. Same for FunSelect, 55+, Resident and Military Rate drops. Remember that the price protection is for same ship, same dates, same Cabin Category and same number of passengers (the adjustment is for the combined PAX 1 and PAX 2 rates AND the PAX 3 (if any) and PAX 4 (if any) rates.

Once Booked, You can check the Early Saver and Past Guest, 55+ and Resident Promo Rates daily using the Quick Search Box on carnival.com . In order to view the promo rates, it may be necessary to first Log-In with your username AND Password, then Log-Out, such that no Name or Past Guest ID info is displayed when you visit carnival.com.

ken

I check in the mornings, on lunch and before bed every day. Soon after we booked the prices jumped way up and I thought oh well, at least we booked before that happened. But thanks to checking three times a day our cruise on the Legend in September is down to 379pp.

I have been checking every hour on the hour! I feel like I am going nuts!! I do not want to miss a price drop! :eek:

I don't know about checking every hour ;) But I check everyday and my last 7 day cruise in April ...I ended up with $525 OBC :D It is well worth checking :p

I check daily as well and have gotten $100 total for two of our cabins. Right now there is a Pack & Go rate that includes our cabin catagory that is lower than what we paid with Early Saver, but they denied the OBC. They said it was because we have a guaranteed cabin assignment. I have read and re-read the terms and cannot find where it says that a Pack & Go rate does not apply. All I can find is that you are guaranteed that the ES rate is the lowest, and that you have peace of mind that the person sitting next to you did not get a better deal. Well, someone who takes a chance at the Pack & Go and gets assigned the same cabin catagory as me just got the better deal, LOL! Any one have any input about this? I have asked my PVP to help/clarify.

I gave up on checking because so far, our Miracle cruise has gone up $550 per person for our category, 7A. I doubt we'll see any price drops on this cruise....seems it is very popular. I'm certainly happy with the price we booked it for though. :)

Question....can you complete the ES Forms online everytime the price drops??:D

Not sure if you can, but I do it anyway! LOL! I believe it says that there is no limit to the number of forms you can submit.

Yes! Every time!! I am starting to feel like they must say something like "Ughhhh.....it's HER again!" each time they see my requests. LOL.....but, I'm down $400 for the Dream in Feb. and $120 for Canada in September. Nice!!!!

I use a TA site, that I have saved to Galveston, and can see at a glance if prices changed ..sometimes I get fooled though since the bottom rate might not have changed but another one has ..but it works 99% of the time.

i.e. I see all galveston starting rates, by clicking once on the link.. and then can go into them more if one changes. then I check the carnival site if I want more info. The TA site is a one click answer. If the starting price is higher than what i paid, no sense looking further usually.

Thank you, Firefly! Your suggestion worked! I found a TA website in WA I can check prices for my category using only one click. Yay! No price reductions for me yet ... but I'll keep checking. I'm still 6 1/2 months out from sail date.

I went out this evening with friends of ours for a few drinks.. The only thing I could think of was checking my cruise rate online to see if it had dropped..

This is not good...:eek:

Scorpio's.... we have such addictive personalities...:cool:

Archived