Showers in the fitness center?

Expats4

I'm leaving on my first Carnival cruise in about a week (on the Glory) & have a question. Are there shower facilities in the fitness center? I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere & when I called Carnival to check they were vague. We will have 4 women in a balcony cabin :eek: so you can understand why I'm looking for other places to get ready! I also was wondering if anyone has used the spa hydrotherapy facilities and whether they were worth it? (I think is $30 a day). If you have, are they crowded on sea days? Thanks!

What ship are you on?

The showers in the fitness center are the same as the spa. In my opinion they are the best. Better water pressure, there is usually a bench in their for shaving legs etc....I use them several times a cruise and I just bunk with my ManHo! That said I have never sailed on a ship where you had to pay for spa access.

On our last trip on the Glory we were on the SPA deck 1110. It was

across the mens locker room back door. So it was easy to walk in there

and use the showers. They are much much nicer and bigger and

there never anyone in them.

DW and DD used the womans as well and said they never saw anyone in there

either.

I'm leaving on my first Carnival cruise in about a week (on the Glory) & have a question. Are there shower facilities in the fitness center? I haven't seen this addressed elsewhere & when I called Carnival to check they were vague. We will have 4 women in a balcony cabin :eek: so you can understand why I'm looking for other places to get ready! I also was wondering if anyone has used the spa hydrotherapy facilities and whether they were worth it? (I think is $30 a day). If you have, are they crowded on sea days? Thanks!

You will love the Glory. It was one of our favorite ships. The Gym / Spa was great. The showers in the gym are awesome - big with glass doors and a shower head that is great. The spa pool they have on the glory is also great. - Enjoy the ship - we loved it.

With 4 in a cabin (3 being women) I use the spa showers on each ship. They have all been great- much better shower heads than the cabin showers, better power. I think the Dream and Splendor are the only ships that charge extra for use of the spa area therapy pools- no other ships (except Magic to come) have them.

On Splendor, there is a locker room, shower and steam room adjacent to the gym. They are free for everyone to use -- I certainly know that I used them and didn't pay anyone anything for doing so. The thalassotherapy pool and the thermal suite are in a different section of the spa and access to them is tightly controlled.

I wasn't aware non-spa customers could use the spa showers. I had three treatments on three of the days when I was on the Ecstasy last week, and I used the facilities then. But, I didn't think I could use them just any time I wanted, without paying for a spa treatment first. I wish I could have, because those showers are awesome!

There isn't a spa deck on the Ecstasy, so the locker room can only be accessed through the front entrance of the spa (as far as I know). There are usually two or three spa employees there and they immediately asked me if I was there for a treatment before leading me to the back area. I'm thinking if I had told them I just wanted to use the shower facilities they would have asked me for my s&s card anyway, lol.

As it is, my only complaint about the whole cruise is how my spa person tried to sell me spa products after every treatment. I clearly told her the first time I was not interested but she still tried the other times. The first time her smile actually faltered and she said "Why not?". I had to get firm then and replied that I was absolutely not interested because I had my own products with me that I was quite happy with.

I wasn't aware non-spa customers could use the spa showers. I had three treatments on three of the days when I was on the Ecstasy last week, and I used the facilities then. But, I didn't think I could use them just any time I wanted, without paying for a spa treatment first. I wish I could have, because those showers are awesome!

There isn't a spa deck on the Ecstasy, so the locker room can only be accessed through the front entrance of the spa (as far as I know). There are usually two or three spa employees there and they immediately asked me if I was there for a treatment before leading me to the back area. I'm thinking if I had told them I just wanted to use the shower facilities they would have asked me for my s&s card anyway, lol.

As it is, my only complaint about the whole cruise is how my spa person tried to sell me spa products after every treatment. I clearly told her the first time I was not interested but she still tried the other times. The first time her smile actually faltered and she said "Why not?". I had to get firm then and replied that I was absolutely not interested because I had my own products with me that I was quite happy with.

My wife found that saying "Oh I use these very products at home -- I get them online from the Elemis website" shuts them up pretty fast. I can hear her now, "Oh, I just bought that online for MUCH less!"

You're right though, they try to sell you all sorts of stuff, which to me, negates the relaxation value of the spa service.

Do it my way show the person who is your spa person what the tip will be and tell them each time they say anything about spa products the tip is cut in half On the Nov 06 Valor cruise give a tip of $.06 she just did not get it. The next time I use the Spa got the same girl and she did not say a word to me. She got the full tip.

Exactly! It did kind of negate the relaxed feeling. Especially the first time when she was so pushy and actually asked me why not. Also, I was quite antsy because it was formal night and I just wanted to get to the showers and then dash up to my room to get dressed. I told her that, but she kept on trying to sell me. I know it is their job and the spa is out to make a profit just like everyone else is. But, when I clearly say I am not interested, I don't want to feel guilty about it.

I love your wife's idea! Thanks for sharing. It is a nice way to say no without having to be firm.

Do it my way show the person who is your spa person what the tip will be and tell them each time they say anything about spa products the tip is cut in half On the Nov 06 Valor cruise give a tip of $.06 she just did not get it. The next time I use the Spa got the same girl and she did not say a word to me. She got the full tip.

Oh my! I can't be that mean, lol! I'm not a pushover, but I couldn't do that to someone. I admire your pluck!

First is there both a sauna and a steam room available free of charge on the Glory? Second are they unisex? If available what are the hours of operation. Always better to sweat it out than sleep it off.;)

Archived