Question about procedure on the Dream

shipgirl56

We are flying into Orlando on the redeye and have Carnival transfers. When do they start transferring from the airport to the ship? We arrive at 7:30AM. Is there anywhere to get breakfast, or do we wait to eat when we get on the ship (Carnival Dream). Where do they have you wait at the terminal?

While we haven't ever flown in, based on what we see on the Beachline in the mornings, I'd say that you will be there until the first Carnival Transfer from the port gets to the airport with last weeks passengers...

We drove through the port yesterday to take a look and saw people waiting all over the place! Inside and outside in groups. In fact they were calling boarding zones over the loudspeaker outside.

Its likely you'll be one of the first groups on the vessel at 1030 (barring no "issues")...

I'm not sure what time you would be on a shuttle from the airport but I can say that the pickup area is going to be where all of the other shuttle buses pick up - right outside of baggage claim.

There are some restaurants in the terminal, so you could either:

- Grab a quick breakfast or snack at one of the fast food places on your way to baggage claim

- Go get your luggage then head back upstairs where there are some sit-down restaurants

- Take a cab to Denny's, which is probably the closest restaurant to the airport.. maybe a 5 minute drive.

I might suggest a light breakfast though - maybe something quick to tide you over... If you get to the cruise terminal early enough, you'll be on the boat by 11-11:30am, and can eat on the ship.

We are flying into Orlando on the redeye and have Carnival transfers. When do they start transferring from the airport to the ship? We arrive at 7:30AM. Is there anywhere to get breakfast, or do we wait to eat when we get on the ship (Carnival Dream). Where do they have you wait at the terminal?

Carnival representatives, in the baggage claim area, will direct you to the waiting area for the bus transfer to ship. You'll have time to grab some food. Your arrival time is so early that the CCL rep may not appear until a little later, but they always stand at the bottom of the escalator that brings you down to baggage claim. Enjoy your cruise!

I am not sure, but I think the transfers don't start until about 9:30 or so. I haven't used one, but I was told by a shuttle service that they take people from the cruise to the airport and then pick up new people. My suggestion would be to call Carnival and ask them if they know what time the transfers start.

Also, at the airport is a Burger King and a few other places to get breakfast. BK is on the floor where one would check in and there is a McDonald's on the floor where gates are. I don't know which terminal you will arrive at and each of the terminals, before the monorails have different restaurants. Good luck.

We just got off the Dream and took the first transfer to the ship. It was sapose to go at 10:30 but it didn't get there till about 11:00. They will be at the bottom of the escalator and direct you to the waiting area. We were on the ship by 12:00. It was very easy both on and off with the transfers.

Archived