Oasis employee falls off ship

dac61

RCI just had a news release on Fox news that ship footage shows employee fell off the Oasis. They have asked for help from Coast Gaurd and have turned ship around to look for employee!

This is a bad deal.

Thank you for posting this link. It's so sad.

Becuase it's a boring job.

Pretty much (and I'm not touching the electrified mesh -- seems someone's indulging in a bit of internet performance art today). Most camera systems are passive in that the tapes aren't checked until a problem is reported and then are used only to corroborate the event and collect evidence.

"After crew members reported him missing on Wednesday night, officials reviewed the ship's video cameras and saw the lowering himself over the side of the ship, spokeswoman Cynthia Martinez said." No, I don't have any compassion for this selfish person. If they were that tired of their job they could have walked of the ship after giving their notice. No need to ruin EVERYONE's vacation. People that commit suicide are: A: Cowards or B:Searching for their 15 seconds of fame.

So this happened tomorrow night?

You even are quoting the wrong story.

This is very sad. But I always thought that cruise ships were so high up that if you jumped surely you'd die? I'm a first time cruiser BTW. I read on cruiselaw that this happens a lot (and more recently with Royal Caribbean) but that it never hits the news. Just from people on the ship.

mrco9, you know how some times people sailing in "whatever" cruiseline refer to people sailing carnival as less refined, to put it mildly??? well guess what? you are a great example to that line of thought. i personally believe most people sailing carnival are fine people, but its that small minority which you personify that can ruin a cruise for the rest of the passengers. PLEASE keep sailing only carnival, it will make mine and the other people`s vacations sailing in "whatever" cruiseline much more enjoyable.

But there are no cruises posted, and I've been on for a year, and never seen a post from this person. Is it possible it's just an angry misguided person? Trust me, if this man was on a ship the staff would hide from him.

Archived