Price went down!

TinkyPatz

Prices went down on my sailing... and I need a little bit of help.

I have a cat 8B on the Upper deck. My price has now gone down for the 8B and they're also offering a free upgrade to an 8D on Verandah.

I don't want to upgrade for 2 reasons: it would be harder for an 8D to drop than an 8B, correct? and also, I'm not sure I want to be on a higher deck because of sea sickness.

Would you take the upgrade as well?

Can you take the price drop without the upgrade? Or should I take them both?

I'm hoping some more experienced cruisers can help me on this one! :o

Thanks!

So you would take the upgrade I assume?

Couple more questions:

My TA isn't answering his phone or email, should I try submitting the form myself?

And, do you get to choose your stateroom when you get an upgrade?

I started with a 4a got upgraded all the way to top of inside categories 4K with $180 OBC. I wasn't sure I wanted to upgrade either cause I had been previously upgraded to a cabin on verandah and my 4k would put me on main deck but I got a bigger room and its an inside price for bottom of the boat no windows and I actually have french doors that open and give me light and air. First time I sailed on panorama deck LOVED it being so close to Lido was super convenient.

I'd do both cause if you don't do it and nothing else happens you'll kick yourself in the butt possibly.

So you would take the upgrade I assume?

Couple more questions:

My TA isn't answering his phone or email, should I try submitting the form myself?

And, do you get to choose your stateroom when you get an upgrade?

Yes, try and submit the form yourself I've seen alot of people get approved doing it themselves. It never hurts to try. When I had an upgrade and OBC available I called cause I wasn't sure how it worked and they upgraded and gave me the OBC over the phone (even though they technically are no longer supposed to) and I got to pick my room. If you use the form they will probably just pick one for you.

I started with a 4a got upgraded all the way to top of inside categories 4K with $180 OBC. I wasn't sure I wanted to upgrade either cause I had been previously upgraded to a cabin on verandah and my 4k would put me on main deck but I got a bigger room and its an inside price for bottom of the boat no windows and I actually have french doors that open and give me light and air. First time I sailed on panorama deck LOVED it being so close to Lido was super convenient.

I'd do both cause if you don't do it and nothing else happens you'll kick yourself in the butt possibly.

That is a VERY good point that I hadn't considered! :)

And what about the TA, I know he has to submit my form but should I submit it first so there is some proof that I did it on time?

Sometimes it will take a day and a half for him to answer me...

I'm in a bit of a frenzy right now trying to get this done on time. :o I did print out all the pages from the Carnival website, and I did a print screen, showing my price, that I pasted into a document and emailed to my TA.

Screenshots mean nothing to ccl. Submit the form yourself the worst they'll say is your TA has to do it. They go by timestamps on the forms and their computer price logs. If the time log and price match up you are okay.

Ok so I called Carnival, they said I have to do it through my TA. Called TA and spoke with someone else. She says that I cannot get the 8B-8D upgrade. Originally I paid for an 8A with free upgrade to 8B, should I be looking at 8B for price drops or 8A???

I thought it was 8B.... I'm so confused!

Ok so I called Carnival, they said I have to do it through my TA. Called TA and spoke with someone else. She says that I cannot get the 8B-8D upgrade. Originally I paid for an 8A with free upgrade to 8B, should I be looking at 8B for price drops or 8A???

I thought it was 8B.... I'm so confused!

You can not take the price drop if you were originally in an 8A and were upgraded to an 8B IF the price drop is in an 8D.. You have to look for B down to drop in price OR you can take the price drop for anything upgraded to an 8B..What catagory is the drop in? 8B OR 8D? Is the upgrade to the D lower then you paid in price?

You can not take the price drop if you were originally in an 8A and were upgraded to an 8B IF the price drop is in an 8D.. You have to look for B down to drop in price OR you can take the price drop for anything upgraded to an 8B..What catagory is the drop in? 8B OR 8D?

Both categories dropped below my price, I paid $609 for 8A

now it's $559 for 8A upgrade to 8B

and $579 8B to 8D

Right now I have an 8B

Has anyone had any success filing this form today? I have tried three times and it just doesn't work, it times out. Is there a website problem?

Yeah there's a problem, they are timing out for me too. You should call Carnival directly

and $579 8B to 8D

Right now I have an 8B

So you have an 8A upgraded to an 8B that you paid $609 for? Now that 8A upgraded to an 8B is $559.. ? You should be able to take that drop no doubt. From what I can see you should be able to take the upgrade also, one or the other but not both..

Can someone better versed in ES chime in? OP.. Looks to me as if you could chose one.. The OBC or the upgrade..

So you have an 8A upgraded to an 8B that you paid $609 for? Now that 8A upgraded to an 8B is $559.. ? You should be able to take that drop no doubt. From what I can see you should be able to take the upgrade also, one or the other but not both..

Can someone better versed in ES chime in? OP.. Looks to me as if you could chose one.. The OBC or the upgrade..

I called Carnival again and the rep told me that I could only get the OBC because the promotion they have right now is a past guest so I have to look at 8A, because that's what I paid for and got the free upgrade. She said if it was a place of residence rate, then I would look at 8B prices. So I guess I'm taking the OBC... I'm still confused :confused:

I called Carnival again and the rep told me that I could only get the OBC because the promotion they have right now is a past guest so I have to look at 8A, because that's what I paid for and got the free upgrade. She said if it was a place of residence rate, then I would look at 8B prices. So I guess I'm taking the OBC... I'm still confused :confused:

Are you a past guest? I would take the OBC as you have a balcony in 8B as it is.. Great cabin, take the cash for spending on the ship..

I think the rep is wrong.. We had an 8B upgraded to an 8K and the reps and people on this board told me to pay attention to the 8K's.. If the 8k's drop or anything lower is upgraded to an 8K I can take the OBC..I just can not take an OBC for past guest rates if they are lower then what I paid as I have never cruised with Carnival..

How do you find the form for price drops? I have looked on Carnivals website, but cannot locate it. Does the cruise have to be paid in full for you to file one? Thanks

No, if you still owe a balance, you can just call and tell them of the drop and they can adjust what you owe on the cruise to reflect in your new balance. At least that is how I did it the 2 times our price dropped before final payment..

Ok so I paid $609 and now the price is $559. That is $50 per person. Now my TA is telling me that Carnival doesn't include government taxes on their prices and that the price only dropped $25.05 per person because of what I paid with them.

WHAT?

I am beyond confused right now and I would like to transfer my reservation to Carnival.

I don't understand if I paid $609 for my cabin for Canival purposes (the TA does taxes differently) and now it's gone down $50pp, how come they are only giving me $25pp??? :confused:

and $579 8B to 8D

Right now I have an 8B

Regardless of if you should be looking at 8A or 8B, the fact is that the 8B is currently below what you paid. So you should get that price for sure. The upgrade to 8D part might be where the past guest part comes in (you never said if you were or not) but you are for sure entitled to the price difference, period.

I don't think she knew what she was talking about which is par for the course.

I thought if you were upgraded previously to 8B but paid for an 8A that you had to now look at the pricing for the 8B which in your case has gone down below what you paid for an 8A so you should be able to get $60 rate reduction since you are before final payment.

You also should be able to get the upgrade to 8D which are midship cabins.

Your TA since useless. Not available and doesn't get back to you for a day and a half? Somebody else in the office says you aren't eligible?

Time to say goodbye to this agency.

Where are Firefly and Ken. They would know for sure.

Bill

This is the breakdown of what I paid with the TA:

Cruise: 424.90pp

Taxes: 219.95pp

total: 644.85

Then with Carnival it would've been:

Cruise: 609pp

Taxes: 60.05pp

Total: 669.05

I don't understand why it is that way, who is right, who is wrong... I'm starting to feel really dumb :(

Regardless of if you should be looking at 8A or 8B, the fact is that the 8B is currently below what you paid. So you should get that price for sure. The upgrade to 8D part might be where the past guest part comes in (you never said if you were or not) but you are for sure entitled to the price difference, period.

Yes I am a past guest!

Ok so I paid $609 and now the price is $559. That is $50 per person. Now my TA is telling me that Carnival doesn't include government taxes on their prices and that the price only dropped $25.05 per person because of what I paid with them.

WHAT?

I am beyond confused right now and I would like to transfer my reservation to Carnival.

I don't understand if I paid $609 for my cabin for Canival purposes (the TA does taxes differently) and now it's gone down $50pp, how come they are only giving me $25pp??? :confused:

Some TA's charge to do the ES claim form.. IMHO I would not go with a TA ever.. Even if the perk may be an upfront OBC... To many charge to handle ES drops and I have read if the drop was huge people have had problems with TA's not wanting to submit the forms as it comes off the back end of the commissions they made.. I would always ask prior to booking what the ES rules are for them..

All I know is when our price dropped, once $50 pp, Carnival gave us $100 flat off of our booking and the second dropped $20 pp, they gave me $40 off.. Not exactly sure how your TA works it though..

Archived