Duty Free Cigarettes?

stavs

Can I buy duty free cigarettes (ie cheap marlboro lights) on board ship? I need to know if I should bring my own, or if I will be able to buy them at a discount. If they are discounted, anyone have a price? We are cruising on the pride to the bahamas.

Thanks!

Can I buy duty free cigarettes (ie cheap marlboro lights) on board ship? I need to know if I should bring my own, or if I will be able to buy them at a discount. If they are discounted, anyone have a price? We are cruising on the pride to the bahamas.

Thanks!

Yes, yes you can. No need to bring your own.

You should be able to buy some type of Marlboros onboard but sometimes they run out of your preference. My hubby only smokes regular Newports. One year, by the time we made it to the Duty Free shop on the first day, they were all sold out and he had to settle for Newport Lights.

Nice! Is there a limit to how much you can buy?

1 carton per person of smoking age. That said, if you are traveling with a non-smoker, they can claim a carton for you. (Unless you are buying them in St. Thomas, then it's 4 cartons per person of smoking age.)

You can buy as many as you want. ICE might confiscate and destroy them, might not. It's a crap-shoot.

1 carton per person of smoking age. That said, if you are traveling with a non-smoker, they can claim a carton for you. (Unless you are buying them in St. Thomas, then it's 4 cartons per person of smoking age.)

You can buy as many as you want. ICE might confiscate and destroy them, might not. It's a crap-shoot.

ICE has nothing to do with it. It's 5 cartons for San Juan / St Thomas for US Citizens (1 carton all other areas). As long as you're bags are not stuffed full of smokes, all US Customs will do is charge you duty for the extras. You must present your Customs Declaration to them PRIOR to departing the ship. It's usually mentioned where they're located as though your over your limit in anything. On-board the GEM in Jan, 5 cartons was $132, whereas in the ports mentioned above they were $98. You can purchase separate packs at the bars (even on Carnival) the last we knew. If you don't claim them, and get caught, then they're history! :(

ICE has nothing to do with it.

ICE = Immigration and CUSTOMS Enforcement.

It's 5 cartons for San Juan / St Thomas for US Citizens (1 carton all other areas). As long as you're bags are not stuffed full of smokes, all US Customs will do is charge you duty for the extras. You must present your Customs Declaration to them PRIOR to departing the ship. It's usually mentioned where they're located as though your over your limit in anything. On-board the GEM in Jan, 5 cartons was $132, whereas in the ports mentioned above they were $98. You can purchase separate packs at the bars (even on Carnival) the last we knew. If you don't claim them, and get caught, then they're history! :(

Depending on what port your coming into ICE has been destroying tobacco overages.

Archived