Confused - Paradise Island Taxi/Water Taxi

sea_u_onboard

I'm confused - I have read about people taking taxis and water taxis. Taxis $4.00 and Water Taxi $1.25.

Do you have to take both? Or is it a taxi all the way or water taxi and then walk to Atlantis? Is the $4.00 per person or taxi?

If I am going to Paradise Island on my own what are my choices?

I'm confused - I have read about people taking taxis and water taxis. Taxis $4.00 and Water Taxi $1.25.

Do you have to take both? Or is it a taxi all the way or water taxi and then walk to Atlantis? Is the $4.00 per person or taxi?

If I am going to Paradise Island on my own what are my choices?

The Taxi is $4pp and the water taxi is $3 pp. The water taxi is a fun way to experience the harbour and get a mini tour, the taxi is a mode of transportation.

Water taxi's run every 30 minutes and take about 12 minutes. So theoretically, you could wait 30 minutes for the next boat to fill up.

Taxis only wait a few minutes to pick up a few more passengers, then head out. So it depends on whether or not you are in a rush.

The water taxi drops you at the nearby dock.. about 2 blocks from Atlantis Marina Village, while the taxi drops you at the doorstep.

Personally, I recommend the water taxi. It give you a chance to experience a bit of the country you are visiting before being wisked off to the sterile Atlantis environment.

I do not recommend the water taxi unless you want to be stuffed like sardines in a rickety boat that feels like you are going to capsize at any given time...although we had a few laughs it is very uncomfortable. Not to mention you will sit there waiting until they pack it to capacity!

Archived