Spirit to Alaska Review 5/25/10

Just off the ship and had a great time. The weather was fantastic! on average it was 70 degrees and sunny. We flew from houston to seattle and stayed 3 days with family before getting on the ship on tuesday may 25th. Getting on board was easy. We arrived around 12:15 carried our luggage on with us and within 5 minutes were getting sail and sign cards. We took are pictures and walked on to the ship by 12:45. we were in Riveria 1222 an oceanview and dropped off our luggage, it was already cleaned and ready.

Our room was spacious enough with a sofa and two twin beds pushed together to form a larger bed. We did not have the comfort beds but they were fine. We did have the comfort bedding and amazzzzing pillows to make up for not having the super soft bed. the bed was a little firm but not so much that it was uncomfortable. The bathroom had plenty of shelving space for all our things and we had three closets to hang clothes in.:)

We ate at the lido deck a few times and the food was always ..ok warm to eat and fill our stomachs. We ate in the dining room every night and the food ranged from good to fantastic. I recommend the crab legs and flat iron steaks to anyone who likes them. We did the anytime dining for the first time and while it was fine i dont think it is was for us. About 4-5 nights the food took a long time to get to us( two hours for an entire meal), and the waitors were having trouble keeping up with everyone. We typicaly ate between 6-7:15. The later we went the better the service was. On two nights the food came much faster and i believe it was because we went later and because we choose to sit with other people who had already ordered before we had arrived. We also ordered room service a few times and the food was pretty good and fairly quick to be delivered.

We made it to all the shows. The show celebrating new orleans was by far the best! It was held the first night and had a lot of glitz glam and great dancers/singers. The show did have some risque parts and the costumes did leave little to the imagination but it is suppose to be a las vegas showgirl style show and we enjoyed it. I wouldnt have a problem taking my kids to it. The comedians were good for the most part and entertaining.

Unfortuetly we did not make it to British columbia on our last stop. We got all the way there and could see it out the window but they said due to high winds we were unable to dock. we were reimbursed $12 each for port and goverment fees. All the other stops were on time and great. I recomend doing all your shopping in skagway and jeaneau because the deals are better there. Ketchikan was my favorite port but also the priciest for souveniers.

Al the staff were very nice and our room always looked amazing! i swear if i left for five minutes i would come back to a clean room. the ship was always being cleaned and takin care of and was well maintained. It was very easy to get around the ship and most entertainment was on decks 2 and 3.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.:cool:

We enjoyed doing a tour in Skagway as a part of the Soapy Smith show. wE SAWa lot of stuff on that tour and it lasted 3 hours! we also enjoyed shopping in the towns and seeing the wildlife. definetly bring some good binoculars and pull up a chair on the day you go into tracy arm fjord, get on deck early to hold a good spot up front! it is sooo worth it!

Thanks for the review. Did you happen to notice if there was VIP embarkation?

Also, do you have a night that you would suggest for the steakhouse? I think the formal nights are Wednesday and Sunday. Is that correct? Thank you in advance...

the formal nights were the 2nd night which was wensday and the night after ketchikan which i believe was a sunday. I would recomend the steakhouse on saturday night. Yes there was a VIP embarkation

Thank you very much. I know there are a couple of dinners I can live without, so I am trying to figure out what I would not mind missing. Thanks again...

Archived