Water Slide on the Jewel

jlondon

I asked this prior to our April cruise and didn't get a specific height requirement but when we went, my daughter was 50 inches and she was fine going up and down. In fact there were quite a few kids who were a lot smaller who were going on. Some I thought were too small but that is just my opinion : )

Have a great trip!

From what I remember I didn't see any height minimum. That said, these slides do not get anyone going really fast at all - they have a very gradual slope to them.

Also, from the ships I've been on, they are not always open during all the hours when the pool is open - rather they have an attendant open a small gate and stands there as a watch.

We were on the Jewel in March, and I never saw an attendant. Saw kids going up and down, and tried it once myself. You could almost stop in the middle of the slide, it is such a gradual slope!!

I don't believe there is a height requirement. There were many young kids (I would say as young as 5) that went on the water slide on our cruise this past week. It is not fast, could be a struggle to get down. My dd was even walking down. There isn't an attendant all the time. One time there was one at the top of the slide. Another day he was watching from the poolside. The slide is part of the family pool which ranges in depth from 4' 11" to 5' 9" so unless your son know how to swim and tread water bring a floatee, lifejacket or wings so he can enjoy the pool. The pool does get crowded. We only used the pool on port days or in the morning when it is least crowded. Have a great time!

Archived