Tipping for HMC Cabana

gidgetgoes

Can anyone tell me what a standard tip would be for the cabana boy on Half Moon Cay? From what I've heard of the cabanas on this board so far, I'd really like to rent one for the day when we take our August 27 Zui cruise, but I have no idea what to tip the attendant. I saw a review of the butler service where the tip was $100, but I don't think I'd go that far for the shared attendant. $50? $30? Is that too little? What have others done? Your input is definitely appreciated. Thanks!

- terri

We had 2 cabana assistants that assisted us and a few other cabanas, though we really didn't use their services much. Both became wonderful friends for the rest of the cruise. We don't drink but they did bring us a very nice array of lunch items. We tipped them $20 pp and they seemed very pleased. I sure hope that wasn't stingy. P.S. We also tipped them at the end of the cruise as both were just wonderful to us for the entire cruise!:cool:

Terri: I think I am the one you are refering to when I tipped 100.00 that was becasue we had the Butler and he was wonderful. I would think that if you just use the attendent 20.00-25.00 would be fair.

Get the cabana you will be so pleased. I know they tend to book up, so I would look into it soon. Enjoy :)

Deb

Thanks for the info, guys. Deb, you say to book the cabana ASAP, but I've tried to book online at the HAL site, and I get an error that says excursions are not available yet for my sail date. Do you know how soon I can book the cabana? I know my cruise isn't until August 27, but (obviously) I'm obsessing about it NOW and want to do as much as possible as soon as I can. :)

- terri

Terri: You are not obsessing you are being prepared. When we booked I called HAL Customer Service and they helped us out. They can tell you where each cabana is located. If you want to be further away, we had the green cabana at the end and we really did not see to many people, it was nice and quiet, felt like our own Island.

I do not have HAL's numebr but I am sure you can get it off of the website. We booked ours 6 months in advance.

Deb

Actually I believe the cabanas are now being booked by the shore excursions office. HAL's shore excursion phone number is 1-888-425-9376 .

I recommend you call soon, we weren't able to get one for this March as they were all booked.:o

Hope you can get one, it was really fun when we had one before.

Hope this helps.:cool:

Locallady: We met a couple on our last cruise that went directly to the shore excursion desk and put there name on a wait list for a Cabana and someone canceled and they got the Cabana, its worth a try.

Archived