Holiday Inn Express Air/Sea Port Ft Lauderdale

Pocahontas

Hi! I'm trying to find out if anyone has any information or has stayed at the Ft Lauderdale Air/Sea Port hotel. There is a group of 10 of us booked to stay here on April 1st and we got a pretty good rate. Seems like a good hotel by their site, and there seems to be a lot of things around there but it's always nice to have some other imput from people that have actually stayed.

Thanks

Pocahontas,

I am booked there in September for my pre-cruise stay. I was able to get it by using my Holiday Inn priority points! I have tried extensively to get information from past guests and cannot find a single thing. I believe it's because it is a newer property. I am willing to take the chance because it is basically free (except for taxes) for me and it is new. You can take a tour of this property by going to www.hiexpress.com , it looks pretty nice. Good Luck and please write a review of your stay for us when you get back so I will know what I'm up against! There's still time for me to book at another Holiday Inn if you all don't think it's acceptable. I'm counting on your experience and hope it's good!! Thanks, Nancy:)

I am familiar with the area. Its located on a heavily traveled truck route. A lot of the other motels in the area rent by the hour. If you need companionship for an hour its available on this road. You'll have no problem cashing a check because most of the surrounding stores are pawn shops and check cashing stores.

With that being said, the HIxpress is brand new. Residents of FLL are hoping its the beginning of a new era for this section of town.

If its for one night and you have no plans for walking the area at night, you should be ok. I would recommend taking a cab if your going out for dinner.

Hi Bequia! Thanks for your response. We may have to rethink this hotel. I will probably leave booking it for now we're not leaving for awhile anyways. There will be 10 of us staying there and we do plan to go out and see a bit of the area and go on the water taxies. Can you recommend some other properties that may be of interest and also a good price (around $100-$129). I also know a couple that will be staying there for 2 nights......so maybe I will wait and see what they thought once they return. Thanks again for your info.

There will be 10 of us staying there.

How many rooms are you looking for? If your booking 5 rooms, you may be able to get a great group rate from Hyatt Pier 66, Marriott Marina or Embassy Suites on 17th Street all closer to Port Everglades. I'd call the hotel directly and speak with the group sales department. Not sure what the threshold for "group rate" is with each hotel but it wouldn't hurt to ask. ;)

HI Bequia! Thanks for the info. I will look into that-we are willing to share as well cause it's all family/couples. Any suggestions you can think of let me know pocahotas_33@hotmail.com and I will do some calling as well. Really hard to know really where to stay when your not from the area and we are all from Canada........so we really don't know the area. Thanks again!

If your staying one night pre-cruise, getting in late and don't have time to do much of anything then you could stay just about stay anywhere, including the hotel you first noted.

If you do have time for exploring Ft Lauderdale, shopping, the beach, water taxis etc then we'll have to be a little particular in finding the right area/hotel for you.

Start with the hotels I noted in previous posts around the 17th Street neighborhood. You can't go wrong, they cater to the cruise and convention crowd and aim to please. They are all well regarded on this board.

I'd suggest the Marriott or Hyatt on 17th Street. Try to get a decent rate at the Marriott Marina or the Hyatt Pier 66. Here's the links to both:

Hyatt:

http://http://pier66.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Marriott:http://http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=FLLFL

The web site prices are not what others on these boards are paying. Can you use Priceline or Hotwire? If not try other travel and hotel online booking sites for a better rate or call them direct for a better group rate.

HI Bequia! I've never used Priceline or Hotwire, but I have seen some people post that they've gotten pretty good rates using this links. Probably better off to sign up for one of these and try to get the rates through there. What do you suggest? I really appreciate all the information you are giving me-very helpful!!

Thanks

Pocahontas ~

Bequia has been giving you good advice. I am also Canadian and have used Priceline many times including Fort Lauderdale. The hotels in the 17th street area like Marriott Marina , Renaissance and Embassy Suites come up quite often on Pricline.

I have also stayed at a 2 1/2* Amerisuites with is close by these other hotels I just mentioned.

Right now I am trying to bid for a hotel stay on Priceline for April 22 for a 3* in Dowtown Fort Lauderdale. I am not been successful yet but I have booked a backup hotel just in case and have reserved a fully cancelable reservation at the Amerisuites for $99.00 on

http://www.valuetrips.com

Just a little tip for Canadians...for some reason I have not had any luck using a Visa card but Master card is no problem. I have had great luck with Priceline and use it every chance I get.

If you want to try Priceline I advise reading these two sites

http://www.biddingfortravel.com or http://www.betterbidding.com

Emmy

Pochahantas,

We just returned from staying at the Hampton Inn across the street from the Holiday Inn Ex. If it is on Marina Mile road then it is the same one. I found nothing wrong with the area. It was very easy to find, convienient to both the airport or the port. There was a small shopping area next door with pizza, wendys, big lots, winn dixie, chinese, subway. Nothing fancy, just average fast food. There was a Heidelburg restaurant a block down the street I might have tried had we been there longer. Our hotel was crowded with cruisers, and was nice. It was a busy street, we didn't venture out at night, had an early plane the next morning. But I don't think I would have minded getting into our car and driving somewhere later.

Su

We stayed at Amerisuites before a cruise and were very pleasantly surprised. They had a complimentary breakfast buffet, including waffles. The room had a bed and a couch which would sleep 1-2. Microwave & refrig. Desk. Swimming pool. Comp. Airport and pier shuttle.

We booked on Priceline. It's one of the hotels you get when your bid for a 2 1/2 star hotel is accepted. At least it was in 1992.

This is a great property for one night. It was in a safe area.

Happy sailing,

Joanne

Bobbiesu,

Thanks so much for your imput! I don't feel so nervous about staying there now, although I've never really seen a Holiday Inn in a "bad" area. I figure for the one night pre-cruise stay it will be fine. All I really need is a warm pool to lounge by! Thanks again, Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived