RCI Facebook, and a few other questions...

Hi All,

A recent RCI facebook update says this "Browse onboard dining options and menus, plan which shows to catch, and order personalized luggage tags - all before you board! What’s one thing you were glad you did prior to boarding your cruise?"

Now is it just me being stupid, but I cannot find detailed information like menus, shows etc specific to my FOS sailing of E Caribbean in Sept on their site. Where should I look?

Also, we are doing MTD. What is a good time to eat so we can catch the shows?

Are there usually bands and music at the pools both on the ship and on Cocoa Cay?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hi All,

A recent RCI facebook update says this "Browse onboard dining options and menus, plan which shows to catch, and order personalized luggage tags - all before you board! What’s one thing you were glad you did prior to boarding your cruise?"

Now is it just me being stupid, but I cannot find detailed information like menus, shows etc specific to my FOS sailing of E Caribbean in Sept on their site. Where should I look?

Also, we are doing MTD. What is a good time to eat so we can catch the shows?

Are there usually bands and music at the pools both on the ship and on Cocoa Cay?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

menus are pretty much the same fleetwide so if you found one, it is pretty much the same. The biggest difference is that on European sailings no lobster and show details are basically for Oasis and soon Allure as those are the only ones currently that you need to make reservations for the shows.

From my logged-in page, under pre cruise planner:

Create your perfect cruise vacation by pre-reserving seating for our theaters, shows, and specialty restaurants. You can also pre-reserve amenities like spa services, FlowRider lessons and beverage packages for wine, soda, juice and bottled water.

Advanced reservations using our Pre-Cruise Planner can be reserved online up to 4 days before your sail date. If you are sailing in less than 4 days, you will need to make your reservations onboard.

-----

I have searched high and low to make flowrider lesson reservations. I think this, like the menus, is a case of web programmers not being totally in sync with marketing.

As to MTD times, go find a relatively current cruise compass and look for shows. There is normally one early and one late, so you can plan around those.

The shows are scheduled around the traditional dining times. If you wish to catch a show, check that day's compass, and pick the show (before or after main seating) and schedule accordingly. On some nights, there will only be one "adult" show, that starts around 10:30pm...so any time will work for those shows!

There are pool "bands"....but they aren't always what I consider to be a "band"...sometimes, it's 1 or 2 guys, with "synched" music and a keyboard or guitar...they've cut back on bands!

I've never seen a band on either Coco Cay or Labadee....however, on Labadee, there was once a small group of "locals" playing some wind instruments that they were trying to get folks to buy...

There are two options for the shows, early, about 6:30 for those who like to eat late. Than again around 8:30 for those who eat early. There is usually an 11:00 show.

There were bands on the pool deck when we were there, usually mid afternoon and evening. Coco Cay has a band. They are usually there late morning to mid afternoon.

Can you be more specific about where you're looking and what you're not finding? I was able to find the Chops and Portofinos menus on the RCL website.

As for MTD and shows...the whole point of picking a traditional time, is so that you won't miss any shows. If shows were a big concern, why would you pick MTD? At this point, you'll have to check the cruise compass, and try to figure out which time to eat on which nights.

As for MTD and shows...the whole point of picking a traditional time, is so that you won't miss any shows. If shows were a big concern, why would you pick MTD? At this point, you'll have to check the cruise compass, and try to figure out which time to eat on which nights.

No need to be so rude :rolleyes:

Maybe someone wants to eat early most days but is anticipating a few late lunches on port days where a later (8 ish) dinner seems more ideal! Wouldn't it be better to do MTD instead of just skipping early dinner?

And what's it to you anyway? ... It was a sincere question! (and wouldn't someone read the Compass anyway to see if they want to go to the show in the first place ... or are we all supposed to walk around like herded sheep?)

Archived